After compiling above, the celestial_navigation_pi.dll (with current
date & time when compiled) was copied from
Then copied "data" directory
The "data" directory contains 3 files necessary for the plugin.
Without the "data" directory and its 3 files there is a clear error message which pops up when the plugin is enabled.
MS Visual Studio C++2010 Express is started, Opencpn
is loaded and Opencpn is run in Debug Mode and eventually the Opencpn program appears. Enable the Celestial Navigation
plugin under Settings > Plugins.
Hit the plugin icon, the window to record
sightings pops up.
Select "Information" and the html file under "data" is accessed and can be read.
Select "New Sight" and "Sight Properties" Window appears with many choices.
Tabs - Sight, Time, Config, Parameters, Calculations
- Type (altitude, azimuth) Celestial Body (long list) also Find, Limb (lower, center, upper) Measurement (Degrees, Minutes, Degres Certainty) -OK Cancel
- Nice calendar selection and adjustment
- tranparency, color, magnetic or not, shift sights.
- Eye height, temperature, pressure
- Almanac data for the Body, formulas, parallex etc.
I try to enter altitude after using "Find" to get the expected altitude for the Sun, and nothing seems to happen. Maybe I should make this a release dll and run it that way?
This seems like it might be very useful. I would like to learn more about celestial and should learn to take sightings.
Right now the plugin seems stuck and I"ve stopped debugging but the program does not close. This needs more testing I think.