Join CruisersForum Today

Old 06-05-2013, 03:25   #61

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: Calculator_pi New Finished Plugin for OpenCPN

Hello RGleason, SaltyPaws,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Download Windows Calculator 1.4 Plugin file from Plugin Threads (List) Post #23
Ok, I can download but ... what is the release name ?

The previous release of calculator that I download was : calculator_win32_pi18_v13_pi.dll

And the new version is calculator.dll.

This is not a good name. Please is it calculator_win32_pi18_v14_pi ?

Thank by advance.

Gilletarom.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:49   #62

Hello RGLeason, Saltypaws,

I search the link to the updated calculator.pot file?

Thank by advance.

Gilletarom.

Old 07-05-2013, 19:17   #63

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Please is it calculator_win32_pi18_v14_pi ?

Ok I can do that, did not want to interfere with a numbering process, and I did not know if this was just an interim version, but I had noticed Salty had made changes, and so compiled...

but what is the "18" for?
SaltyPaws? You're thoughts about process please?
Old 07-05-2013, 19:23   #64

Rick...
pi18 means "plugin interface 1.8 is required by this plugin" - tells you the oldest version of OpenCPN this plugin version requires to be built against to work with it (and all the newer versions, using the same DLL). The name actually doesn't matter all that much as you can see in https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/b...nager.cpp#L187

Pavel
Old 07-05-2013, 19:36   #65

Thank you Pavel, this makes sense. There is a lot to this....pluginmanager too.
Old 16-05-2013, 12:19   #66

Boat: Helia 44

Hi,

I have implemented functions into the plugins. I have added a "functions" button, and it can also be accessed by typing functions into the calculator menu. I have set it up, so that the functions are entered in an excel file (https://github.com/SaltyPaws/calcula.../functions.xls). A perl script then converts the excel functions into a c++ class file. I have also implemented units conversion. This means that a function can be entered in any units, and as long as they are recognised on the "units" tab, the function is available with different units. Units can be added as well in the excel file.

Let me know what you think. If you would like to add functions, please post the updated excel file in this thread.

Gilletarom: will have a look at the French files next. There is a lot of text involved with the functions menu. Are you planning to translate all this text?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2013-05-16 19:58:46.png
Views:	85
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	60879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2013-05-16 19:59:33.png
Views:	77
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	60880  

Old 16-05-2013, 12:46   #67

Hello SaltyPaws,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyPaws View Post
Hi,

Gilletarom: will have a look at the French files next. There is a lot of text involved with the functions menu. Are you planning to translate all this text?
First , please, where is the dll with these add ?
Second : Translation , why not. I am not alone that work for french translation. I can cry "Help ..." and then other translators get up. So, yes we can .... But, give me, give us time. Because it is time to go to sea ...

Third : Do there is a new pot file ? with items not translated ?

Regards, Gilletarom.
Old 16-05-2013, 13:31   #68

Attached is the .so file (Linux 64 bits plugin) just remove .doc

The dll can be obtained by building this source: https://github.com/SaltyPaws/calculator_pi.git

Before translating to french, I would like to test this version, perhaps iron out some bugs, and edit/add some functions
Attached Files
File Type: doc libcalculator_pi.so.doc (383.2 KB, 26 views)
Old 19-05-2013, 22:14   #69

Current calculator.dll can be found at this post.
Plugin Threads (List)
Old 23-05-2013, 14:52   #70

I have implemented pressure at depth and distance to horizon and to object now. The cathenary function cannot be implemented right now, as it returns a plot, not a single point. Also the vector maths cannot be implemented right now, as vector output is required.

Any other functions?

What do you think about the interface?
Old 23-05-2013, 22:52   #71

Calculator Plugin Beta for Windows has been updated and compiled See Plugin Threads Post 32
Old 24-05-2013, 16:48   #72

Beta Plugins have been Updated
See Plugins Threads (List) Post #38
Old 28-05-2013, 16:54   #73

This plugin has a significant new function feature which can be used to create even greater functionality for sailors and cruisers. There are answers to many common questions involving math and formulas, specifically taylored to boats. I suggest everyone should try it and you'll think of something else that should be put into the "Functions". Call it our boating calculator, information and calcs all in one handy place.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:54   #74

Boat: Amel Sharki

There are 2 small typos in spreadsheet functions.xls, table Formulas, column G. Last 2 cells should have Angle_In and Flowrate_In instead of Angle_Out and Flowrate_Out. The correct functions.cpp file is generated by functions2cpp.pl then.

Working on localisation and wanting to have most strings localized I have to be very careful because some strings acts as variables also. So be careful which strings should have the prefix _( and which should have _T(.

After all a nice tool, thank you Saltypaws.

Gerhard
Old 14-08-2013, 11:48   #75

Boat: Clerk Chair 1.6ft

The version 1.3 that is available on the official OpenCPN site, has several bugs, at least on Windows.
  1. Inline navigation through expression history with Up/Down keys sometimes start working not before a significant number of expressions is entered. And even after that it behaves weird, as those keypresses are not suppressed and thus treated by the base handler as alternatives to Left/Right keys.
  2. Usually, when pressing keys while focused on the history list, it has the same effect as typing into the input field directly. But some keys, like cursor arrows and other navigation buttons, as well as numpad keys (with Num Lock turned off), produce punctuation characters like "&%('$!#" instead of navigating through the history list.
  3. Some semantically incorrect expressions, like "1%&" (including those generated by the previous bug), result in crashing the entire OpenCPN.
There is also a number of shortcomings, in my opinion:
  1. When navigating through expression history inline, it's very easy to loose your current expression by mistake, when you erroneously press Up/Down instead of Left/Right.
  2. History list remembers all expressions as well as results, but doesn't allow to restore anything except the result. Inline history doesn't suffer from this (when it's available), but it may not be easy to find the needed formula, and it replaces the current expression entirely, rather than appending to it.
  3. Built-in constants have very low precision, so that many expressions (especially trigonometric) produce unexpected results, and well-known identities are not met. “Smart” rounding aggravates this, as expressions that are displayed identically not actually have the same value when compared / subtracted.
  4. The current documentation doesn't make it clear when expressions are evaluated as 32-bit integers instead of 64-bit floats, and how the conversion is made either way. It isn't also clear why are signed integers used, as bitwise operations are usually considered unsigned. Another not intuitive feature is that bit shifting uses only 5 least-significant bits of the shift distance, i. e. (1<<33)|(1<<3) = (1<<1)|(1<<3) = 10, while it should be like ((1<<30)|1)<<3 = 8.
  5. Localization-specific issue. Currently, the “Help” button is labeled simply “?”, which already means “unknown vessel type” in the main template; as a result, the button in Calculator window looks weird if the plugin is not implicitly translated. First versions of the plugin, according to screenshots in this topic, had a more clear caption — naturally, “Help”, which is translated in the main template as well. I recommend to never use question signs for purposes other than punctuation, as in some locales a string of “?”s is primarily considered as a text encoding error.
Sorry if this is not the place to report bugs, but I could not find an appropriate section in the official bugtracker.

Tags
opencpn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: