Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-06-2013, 05:29   #1021

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Error using Climatology (new version, not uploaded) and Weather-Routing.
Tried sending got this:
[sending_attempt]
Sending error report over SMAPI is disabled (negative priority); skipping.
[status_failed]

How to fix? Should I be using a more recent Opencpn.exe from the compile?
Using 3.3.604001 I compiled after Gillatrom wrote. Now that version pops up wxWidgits debug alert and an src message upon startup too. Maybe I have debug version? -nope that is not the problem.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 05:47   #1022

Ah, found that I could export the file

Also have fixed
08:40:43: Warning: file 'C:\ProgramData\opencpn\opencpn.ini', line 208: key 'bEnabled' was first found at line 206.
08:40:43: Warning: entry 'bEnabled' appears more than once in group '/PlugIns/WMM'

and am trying it again. Nope still get \src\msw\bitmap.cpp(802) assert image.0k failed in wxBitmap::CreateFromImage(): Invalid Image Do you want to stip or cancel.
Title wxWidgets Deebug Alert.
Attached Files
File Type: doc c28aa3b7-03b5-4348-bcc8-d7644508673f.zip.doc (392.6 KB, 44 views)
Old 28-06-2013, 06:05   #1023

Ok, what is causing the error reporting when I try to close the program is something to do with Climatology use, I think.
1. I always have to settings>enable climatology v0.3 after closing it.
2. A message pops up with Weather routing saying it willl not use Climatology data.
3. I run Weather routing using gribs running and climatology up (but not being used).
4. I close weather routing, then grib then climatology.
5. I close Opencpn, and the same message pops up Weather Routing witll not use Climatology Data. Opencpn closes I think and the Error Reporting message comes up.
Is this possibly something to do with weather routing or climatology? I think the message comes from Weather Routing though.

Other users have reported that the Climatology version number changing to 0.3 has caused weather routing to report this message and that increasing acceptable version number in weather routing fixes it. However I consider this to be a bit anomalous behavior.
Attached Files
File Type: doc f4f67633-a4d4-4f11-8f5f-91825345dd92.zip.doc (398.1 KB, 38 views)
Old 28-06-2013, 08:25   #1024

Okay, after changing line 235 in Weather_Routing_pi.cpp from minor version "2" to "3" when I close the plugins and then Opencpn, I get the error report again. See file attached please.

Then I tried starting release Opencpn 3.3.604001 up again, I get the new bitmap.cpp(802) error, can run the program when dismissed. Then without opening any plugins, when I shut down I still get the error report again, so it appears to be unrelated to plugins! and more likely due to the main program?

I am going to copy crshrpt files (4 I think) and recently compiled opencpn.exe (release) over to my opencpn release directory to see if that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: doc 9ead1a8a-d0bc-4923-bdb9-76cc6e107be1.zip.doc (296.3 KB, 43 views)
Old 28-06-2013, 10:15   #1025

Quote:
Then I tried starting release Opencpn 3.3.604001 up again, I get the new bitmap.cpp(802) error, can run the program when dismissed. Then without opening any plugins, when I shut down I still get the error report again, so it appears to be unrelated to plugins! and more likely due to the main program?
It is related to plugins! I had a MSVC DEBUG version of Watchman.dll in the plugins directory of a Release version of Opencpn. That is what was causing the errors above! Sorry. Now I know the signs of this problem. The Debug code within the Watchman plugin had no hooks to the release opencpn.exe and thus created the errors at the beginning and end.

The opencpn.log

1:05:14 PM: C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN\plugins/watchman_pi.dll Version detected: 108
1:07:08 PM: PlugInManager: UnLoading PlugIn: C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN\plugins/watchman_pi.dll

Perhaps there should be an error noted in the opencpn.lpg?
Old 30-06-2013, 21:01   #1026

Plugins- All of Sean's Plugins + Weather_Routing & Climatology Updates - Hopefully these are the release versions, also new CL-DATA-5.
Find the new updates and compiles for rtlsdr and watchman.
For more details see Plugin Threads Post #80
Opencpn Beta Login - Plugins - rguser, rgpass.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:37   #1027

Boat: Irwin 37 CC

In 3.3.3, go to Help page then close it. Return to OpenCPN and the Help page is still showing, if you click click on help again nothing happens. If you go to another tab and return to Help it works.
Old 18-07-2013, 05:11   #1028

In 3.3.711 Right click select BSB Chart group, then hit F7
Opencpn bombs out.

Tries to send error report but fails "Sending error report over SMAPI is disabled, skipping. Also how do I enable this?
Old 18-07-2013, 05:56   #1029

Using Climatology in 3.3.711 the isobar processing for Sea Depth fails regularly causing Opencpn to fail. Is there anything different in this Opencpn version that would cause this error? It was working fine in earlier versions.
Old 18-07-2013, 07:33   #1030
Marine Service Provider

Rick...

emailing of crash reports is non-functional.

You want to look at "What does this report contain", and export the crash report as a zip file, then send to me direct.

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 07:54   #1031

Perhaps Thomas Cagney or someone else familiar with fixing the wiki anomylies would help me out. I've created and updated the Climatology and Weather_Routing Plugin pages. In doing this I've managed to screw up the main Plugins page which now has two Weather_Routing Plugin lines and links, which both go to the same page. I don't know how to remove one of those lines without deletion of the page etc. I've looked at the html and it is not readily apparent how to fix it.
This is the page: Plugins | Official OpenCPN Homepage

There are two entries in the sidebar "Book Navigation" for "Weather Routing Plugin". I'd like to keep the page that is linked to both of these entries (of course) and remove one of the extraneous lines for "Weather Routing Plugin"

Many thanks.
Old 18-07-2013, 08:34   #1032

Boat: Dufour 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Perhaps Thomas Cagney or someone else familiar with fixing the wiki anomylies would help me out. I've created and updated the Climatology and Weather_Routing Plugin pages. In doing this I've managed to screw up the main Plugins page which now has two Weather_Routing Plugin lines and links, which both go to the same page. I don't know how to remove one of those lines without deletion of the page etc. I've looked at the html and it is not readily apparent how to fix it.
This is the page: Plugins | Official OpenCPN Homepage

There are two entries in the sidebar "Book Navigation" for "Weather Routing Plugin". I'd like to keep the page that is linked to both of these entries (of course) and remove one of the extraneous lines for "Weather Routing Plugin"

Many thanks.
Rick

I can see the problem, but don't have the rights to fix it. One page needs to be deleted, and I think that only the creator of the page can do that + admin manimaul.

There are two identical pages

1:
Code:
http://opencpn.org/ocpn/Weather_Routing_Plugin
and
2:
Code:
http://opencpn.org/weather_routing_plugin
Check that everything you want is included in #1. Make a backup copy!
Delete page #2! Go to "edit" and scroll down towards the end.
Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 08:46   #1033

Opencpn double entry in Plugins list (wiki)

Thomas:
Quote:
Check that everything you want is included in #1. Make a backup copy!
Delete page #2! Go to "edit" and scroll down towards the end.
Hopefully this will fix the problem.
Saved the source Html and deleted the page at the bottom. The double entry went away leaving a single entry in the plugins list. Then I created a new wiki page under my user name and named it identially down in the URL location "Weather_Routing_Plugin", had to click "Source" to be able to paste the source code back in with the pics showing up, and then it worked.

Thanks very much for the help
Old 08-08-2013, 18:27   #1034

It seems I've been an active poster here. I am having trouble with Beta Version
3.3.721 running MSVC++ debug

The normal opencpn note comes up. Then

"Windows has triggered a breakpoint in opencpn.exe.
This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in opencpn.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded. This may also be due to the user pressing F12 while opencpn.exe has focus. The output window may have more diagnostic information."

The Debug output and opencpn.log are attached

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks. Rick
Attached Files
File Type: doc opencpn.log.doc (69.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: doc output-msvc++debug.doc (2.0 KB, 52 views)
Old 09-08-2013, 06:57   #1035
Marine Service Provider

Rick...

From the stack trace, the problem is in the grib PlugIn. You can confirm this by removing the grib PlugIn from your runtime directory, and starting OpenCPN again. Take a look at the log, to confirm the load source for the PlugIn.

Normally, I dont' load the PlugIns in debug mode, unless I am are trying to debug the PlugIn itself.

Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote