I just did a few more tests on both a Vista and an XP machine.
OpenCPN 2.1.0 build 520 (the 524a is unfortunately not yet available for windows)
Under both OS I have the same issue after reinstallation.
I is however no an issues that I would call an error/failure or worry.
1) Install Open CPN
(with CM93 V2 2010 chart set)
2) change Settings / Display Category from OTHER (standard) to Mariner
3) change show soundings from OFF to ON
4) change show META tags from OFF to ON
5) change colors from 2 to 4
6) change CM93 zoom from 0 to 5
THEN zoom in to a location I know well at a larger scale I can remember (local harbour)
THEN close Open CPN
THEN de-install according to the software
de-installation pricedures of the microsoft configuration screens.
THEN do a search for opencpn and stil find some files under c:\windows\prefetch
These are opencpn****.pf files (I have no idea what they are)
DELETED those files
After doing a re-installation of OpenCPN I find
1) programs opens with the above previously changed settings and not with the standard settings. (by the way I tried the whole procedure with differen deviations from the standard settings but always the changed version showed up again)
2) program opens with the local harbour location and scale I last looked at
3) Even if the GPS
is detached it remembers after re-installation the last location of the GPS
(which I specifically made different from te *local harbour* location for the test)
I have repeated this procedure now about 9 times because I wanted to test some CM93 features. The above findings are consistent.
Hope this is ueseful to you. I tremendously appreciate your efforts and am actively promoting your program after ten years of using Tsunamis Navigator Pro and various other programs.
Good luck and lots of succes.