Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2018, 01:05   #2191

Boat: Najad 34
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirribilli47 View Post
If I select several tracks in track meny and then press delete then system will freeze.
I have daly track activated and then I delete all tracks with distance 0....
Magnus
Although on O 4.99 I've tried to reproduce this but didn't succeed neither on Win10 nor Ubuntu 16.04. It is some work to produce zero length tracks but when done I can delete all or parts of the produced tracks wo freeze.

Either is the problem solved in 4.99 or there are something else with your system(s) we need to know.

Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 15:27   #2192

Apologies again for a dumb question.

Having learnt more than I want to know about wxWidgets, wxFormBuilder and OpenCPN plugins, I am ready to publish my plugin src to github.

So I kind of understand that issuing my cmake commands from the build directory is called an out of source build.

Yet my plugin's top level folder is full of sub folders that were created during the build commands:
cmake -T v120_xp ..
cmake -build .
cmake -build . -config release
cpack

So how do I clean up the top level folder and what exactly needs to be published to github ?

Just the src and cmake folders (and contents) and cmakelists.txt and readme.md files ?

Finally the translation files .po and using poedit ? Any suggestions for a newbie ?

Thanks in advance.

stevead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 17:55   #2193
Marine Service Provider

stevead...

Congratulations on your plugin work.

You are on the right track for github. You will do a "git push", which will essentially upload everything which you have committed to your local git repo. This will probably include at least:

src/*
include/*
po/*
CMakeLists.txt
README

You can take a look at some simple standalone plugin repos (sources listed at opencpn.org) and get the idea of our standard build tree structure. For example, clone something like vdr_pi (https://github.com/SethDart/vdr_pi) and you will see.

It is important that devs be able to git-clone and build your plugin from near-bare-metal. So the thing to do is publish, and encourage other devs to try the build. If it doesn't work, you will hear shortly, and can iron out the missing dependencies. This will also give you a cross-platform build experience, also important.

Welcome to the team
Dave

bdbcat is online now   Reply With Quote