Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2018, 03:15   #2176
Registered User

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 496
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Steve ...

My ShipDriver plugin (BETA) generates a lot of NMEA sentences and sends them to OpenCPN. No connections to external NMEA. There might be something there you can use.

https://github.com/Rasbats/shipdriver_pi

Mike
__________________

Rasbats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 07:02   #2177
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Boat: Lagoon 500
Posts: 82
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
I made a video for easy way to build opencpn and plugins.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=dXE0OdMNbjQ
Is there something wrong with the video link - I can't download it?
__________________

kevinvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 12:56   #2178
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 24
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Thanks Pavel, Mike for your answers.

Hopefully armed with this info I should be able to get something out soonish.

Dumb question, What is the preferred/easiest wxWidgets tool to generate UI dialogs ? Keep in mind that I'm just your average Windows/Visual Studio user.

BTW, For Kevin, nothing really wrong with the link, it's just Google asking you to sell your firstborn child. I think because the link includes the edit tag.

Just go directly to youtube and enter the video's ID dXE0OdMNbjQ in the search bar.
stevead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 13:14   #2179
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On the go. Not in Prague.
Posts: 4,614
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevead View Post
Dumb question, What is the preferred/easiest wxWidgets tool to generate UI dialogs ? Keep in mind that I'm just your average Windows/Visual Studio user.
We somehow all ended up using https://github.com/wxFormBuilder/wxFormBuilder - Kind of works...

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 18:00   #2180
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Boat: Lagoon 500
Posts: 82
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevead View Post
Thanks Pavel, Mike for your answers.

Hopefully armed with this info I should be able to get something out soonish.

Dumb question, What is the preferred/easiest wxWidgets tool to generate UI dialogs ? Keep in mind that I'm just your average Windows/Visual Studio user.

BTW, For Kevin, nothing really wrong with the link, it's just Google asking you to sell your firstborn child. I think because the link includes the edit tag.

Just go directly to youtube and enter the video's ID dXE0OdMNbjQ in the search bar.
Thanks for the Youtube explanation. I did manage to work it out after my post.
kevinvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 13:45   #2181
Registered User

Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1
Re: Beta Test / Technical

NEMA messages with 00 checksum do not work (possibly bug)

CPN 4.8.0
For some reason messages HDT, HDM with 00 checksum does not recognized by cpn, even no output in debug for these

$IIHDM,48,M*00
$IIHDT,48,T*00

however messages with another checksum work perfect!
I try another value and try to change prefix to verify messages with another checksum

$IIHDM,49,M*01
$IIHDT,49,T*01
and
$IKHDM,48,M*02
$IKHDT,48,T*02
These work well
partyvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 22:22   #2182
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Baikal
Posts: 347
Re: Beta Test / Technical

please tell me how to change the width of the radar range ring from 2 to 1?
used to be here
// Draw radar rings if activated
wxPen ppPen1 (GetGlobalColor (_T ("URED")), 2);
Baikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 13:14   #2183
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orust Sweden
Boat: Najad 34
Posts: 2,234
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring A Ding View Post
I also don't like that the waypoints are easily moved around the chart but that is a minor thing.
Welcome to the world of the fantastic OpenCPN.

Waypoints can be locked if you like: Check: Tools->Display->Advanced->Controls--[]Lock Waypoints
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 17:24   #2184
Registered User
 
yachtvalhalla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philippines
Boat: Fuji 32 Ketch
Posts: 681
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Welcome to the world of the fantastic OpenCPN.

Waypoints can be locked if you like: Check: Tools->Display->Advanced->Controls--[]Lock Waypoints

This is a safety feature. You can easily move a waypoint unintentionally and not notice it. This can be a danger when following a route.

I recommend that waypoints always be locked. And they can be unlocked by showing the Porperties of any waypoint.

If, for example, you are making a route and want to change it, just double-click on any waypoint in the route which displays the Properties of that waypoint. Now any of them can be moved. Closing the properties window locks the waypoints again.

Terry
__________________
VALHALLA's Mooring Page
yachtvalhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 04:15   #2185
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Motala , Sweden
Boat: Beneteau First 47.7
Posts: 8
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Hello
I think I have found a small bug.
If I select several tracks in track meny and then press delete then system will freeze.
I have daly track activated and then I delete all tracks with distance 0.
Ubuntu 18.04 with 4.8.4
It was the same problem with ubuntu 16.04

Workaround is ofcourse simple, delete only one at a time

Magnus
kirribilli47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 17:42   #2186
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 558
Re: Beta Test / Technical

How can we put my ownship into android OpenCpn?
Thanks for a quick reply.
P_Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 17:47   #2187
Registered User
 
yachtvalhalla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philippines
Boat: Fuji 32 Ketch
Posts: 681
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dub View Post
How can we put my ownship into android OpenCpn?
Thanks for a quick reply.

Best to ask on the OpenCPN Android forum. https://bigdumboat.com/aocpn/forum/


Terry
__________________
VALHALLA's Mooring Page
yachtvalhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 18:46   #2188
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 558
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtvalhalla View Post
Best to ask on the OpenCPN Android forum. https://bigdumboat.com/aocpn/forum/


Terry
OK Terry, I am not a member of android. If some one know, I would be interested.
P_Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 20:17   #2189
Registered User
 
yachtvalhalla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philippines
Boat: Fuji 32 Ketch
Posts: 681
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dub View Post
OK Terry, I am not a member of android. If some one know, I would be interested.

If you join you might find that 'someone'.


Terry
__________________
VALHALLA's Mooring Page
yachtvalhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 18:21   #2190
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 11,701
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirribilli47 View Post
Hello
I think I have found a small bug.
If I select several tracks in track meny and then press delete then system will freeze.
I have daly track activated and then I delete all tracks with distance 0.
Ubuntu 18.04 with 4.8.4
It was the same problem with ubuntu 16.04

Workaround is ofcourse simple, delete only one at a time

Magnus

Magnus, if this is repeatable, please post it in Tracker. Thank yoou.
__________________

rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Tactics Plugin | - »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beta Marine Diesel michaelmrc Engines and Propulsion Systems 48 23-03-2016 14:44
Need some technical advice....antennas. Just a Tinch Marine Electronics 15 01-12-2007 16:57
Blue Sea Systems Technical Brief GordMay Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar 0 16-03-2007 05:16
technical difficulties witchcraft The Sailor's Confessional 1 30-05-2005 15:09
Dow Corning Technical Manual GordMay The Library 0 12-04-2005 17:25



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:12.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.