Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2018, 16:34   #2161

Re: Beta Test / Technical

hi
i have the same problem when i try to compile opencpn-4.8.2....

Build FAILED.

"C:\OpenCPN\build\package.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\OpenCPN\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (3) ->
"C:\OpenCPN\build\WXSVG.vcxproj" (default target) (13) ->
(ClCompile target) ->
C:\OpenCPN\src\wxsvg\src\svgxml\svgxml.cpp(24): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'expat.h': No such file or directory [C:\OpenCPN
\build\WXSVG.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

he didn't find the 'expat.h'
i find it at "C:\OpenCPN\buildwin\expat-2.2.5\include\"

how did i fixed it?

i try both with vs2017 and vs2013
afric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 16:39   #2162

Boat: Phantom 19

You are trying to build OpenCPN 2.8.0, really?

If you are building the current master, you need the current dependencies bundle (Which contains expat 2.2.5), if you are building something older, you need older dependencies bundle (In case of 4.8.x, it contains expat 2.1.0).
And you need the corresponding toolchain, which is VS 2017 for the current master, but was VS 2013 for O4.8.x.

So, please, try to tell us what it really is you are building.

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 16:45   #2163

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
You are trying to build OpenCPN 2.8.0, really?

If you are building the current master, you need the current dependencies bundle (Which contains expat 2.2.5), if you are building something older, you need older dependencies bundle (In case of 4.8.x, it contains expat 2.1.0).
And you need the corresponding toolchain, which is VS 2017 for the current master, but was VS 2013 for O4.8.x.

So, please, try to tell us what it really is you are building.

Pavel
hi thanks for the quick response.... my English is poor...

i download from github OpenCPN-4.8.2.zip and after that i download OpenCPN_buildwin-4.99.7z and i overwrite inside buildwin folder...
Old 14-04-2018, 16:49   #2164

Quote:
Originally Posted by afric View Post
hi thanks for the quick response.... my English is poor...

i download from github OpenCPN-4.8.2.zip and after that i download OpenCPN_buildwin-4.99.7z and i overwrite inside buildwin folder...
OK, so please go back to https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...piling_windows and read the first sentence again, then scroll down and follow the instructions for building the versions up to 4.8 - You need a different dependencies bundle. If you still experience some problems, let us know what they are exactly.

Pavel
Old 14-04-2018, 17:09   #2165

ok i delete all and i start again.... but now i have

"C:\OpenCPN\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\OpenCPN\build\plugins\grib_pi\grib_pi.vcxp roj" (default target) (19) ->
(Link target) ->
zuFile.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzopen referenced in function _zu_open [C:\OpenCPN\build\plug
ins\grib_pi\grib_pi.vcxproj]
zuFile.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzread referenced in function _zu_read [C:\OpenCPN\build\plug
zuFile.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzseek referenced in function _zu_seek [C:\OpenCPN\build\plug
zuFile.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gztell referenced in function _zu_seek [C:\OpenCPN\build\plug
zuFile.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzclose referenced in function _zu_close [C:\OpenCPN\build\pl
ugins\grib_pi\grib_pi.vcxproj]
C:\OpenCPN\build\plugins\grib_pi\Release\grib_pi.d ll : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals [C:\OpenCPN\build\
plugins\grib_pi\grib_pi.vcxproj]

78 Warning(s)
6 Error(s)
Old 14-04-2018, 17:38   #2166

May we see your CMakeCache.txt? zlib sources are embedded in the grib plugin in 4.8, so this is indeed very weird and I would not expect to see something like that unless you now compile master with the old dependencies.
Old 14-04-2018, 17:50   #2167

i download this https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/tree/v4.8.2
and this http://sourceforge.net/projects/open...in.7z/download

i try to compile second time from the begging (all deleted) with the same result - errors!!!
Old 14-04-2018, 17:53   #2168

CMakeCache.txt.doc

edit

i try to compile 4.8.2 with old dependencies ( i take them by from
3.1 Get the binary dependencies)
Old 14-04-2018, 18:02   #2169

Your environment is still completely different than what it has to be for OpenCPN 4.8 - To start with, you are trying to build against wxWidgets 3.1.
You really must follow the instructions precisely if they have to work and you really must clean your build directory completely while switching the dependencies.

And is there actually any reason you need to stick with the old codebase we are not going to maintain anymore?
Old 14-04-2018, 18:07   #2170

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Your environment is still completely different than what it has to be for OpenCPN 4.8 - To start with, you are trying to build against wxWidgets 3.1.
You really must follow the instructions precisely if they have to work and you really must clean your build directory completely while switching the dependencies.

And is there actually any reason you need to stick with the old codebase we are not going to maintain anymore?
aaaaaaaaaa i follow the link for the widgets and i download 3.1.1 ..grrrrrr

i will delete all again and i will download master and vs2017

thanks a lot
Old 16-04-2018, 15:47   #2171

In the quest to build a plugin, at least I've been able to build 4.8.0.

A couple of questions.

How to build the demo_pi_sample ?

I can see it has a cmake file, and I can see that the plugins directory has a cmake file that essentially does a for each loop, but the demo plugin is not built. I'm not an expert on cmake, nor do I want to become an expert on cmake, so how does one either include the demo plugin when compiling ocpn, or how does one compile the demo plug in as a standalone plugin ?

How to does one debug a plugin that has been developed as a standalone plugin ? Just for the heck, I copied the demo plug in source into a new Visual Studio project, compiled it successfully (after fixing a few cast errors), but after copying it to the plugins directory of the released version of ocpn, it failed to appear in the list of available plugins tab.

If I try debugging it in Visual Studio by setting my debug version of ocpn as the startup program (and using the /p switch), while ocpn loads successfully I cannot set a breakpoint on my plugin's init method as Visual Studio complains that my breakpoint will never be hit.

Unfortunately my efforts at writing a plugin are on the wrong side of the infamous 80/20 rule. Preferably I would like to spend 80% of my time adding features to code and 20% getting the build and debug environment to work. Sadly it is the reverse.

BTW, The following warning comes up when running the debug version of my build of ocpn:

---------------------------
wxWidgets Debug Alert
..\..\src\common\sizer.cpp(2082): assert "!(flags & wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL)" failed in wxBoxSizer:oInsert(): Vertical alignment flags are ignored in vertical sizers
Call stack:
[01] wxBoxSizer:oInsert d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\common\sizer.cpp:2082
[02] wxSizer::Insert d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\include\wx\sizer.h:1149
[03] wxSizer::Add d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\include\wx\sizer.h:1156
[04] wxSizer::Add d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\include\wx\sizer.h:1180
[05] options::CreatePanel_Units d:\code\opencpn\src\options.cpp:4056
[06] options::CreateControls d:\code\opencpn\src\options.cpp:4770
[07] options:ptions d:\code\opencpn\src\options.cpp:909
[08] MyFrame::OnInitTimer d:\code\opencpn\src\chart1.cpp:6543
[09] wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\common\appbase.cpp:658
[10] wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\common\appbase.cpp:670
[11] wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatchesId d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\common\event.cpp:1383
[12] wxEventHashTable::HandleEvent d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\common\event.cpp:989
[13] wxEvtHandler::TryHereOnly d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\common\event.cpp:1578
[14] wxEvtHandler::TryBeforeAndHere d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\include\wx\event.h:3656
[15] wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventLocally d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\common\event.cpp:1511
[16] wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\common\event.cpp:1484
[17] wxEvtHandler::SafelyProcessEvent d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\common\event.cpp:1602
[18] wxTimerImpl::SendEvent d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\common\timerimpl.cpp:52
[19] wxTimer::Notify d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\common\timercmn.cpp:107
[20] wxTimerImpl::Notify d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\include\wx\private\timer.h:47
[21] wxProcessTimer d:\code\wxwidgets-3.1.0\src\msw\timer.cpp:161
Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.
Yes No Cancel
stevead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 15:51   #2172

Oops, sorry about the emojis (or whatever it is that they are called) in my previous post. I presume the web site automagically inserts them in place of the respective characters.
Old 16-04-2018, 16:18   #2173

Steve...
Building 4.8.0 against wxWidgets 3.1 = bad idea, you will see a lot of asserts as the one you posted. Most of the asserts are fixed in the current master, which is also the codebase I would recommend to use for any new development.

Building anything against wxWidgets 3.1.0 = bad idea as it is pretty buggy. 3.1.1 is fine and we are switching to it on Windows and macOS for our master branch.

To enable the demo_pi build, simply rename the directory from demo_pi_sample to demo_pi. Be warned that nobody actively checks that this sample is buildable at all, especially now during the transition to wx 3.1.

To debug a plugin, the easiest way to use all the features of your IDE is to build it inside the OpenCPN code tree and modify https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/b...nager.cpp#L315 to point directly to the path where your plugin build DLL products are being created (which depends on your platform, which plugin you want to debug, development toolchain and whether you build debug or release version)

You must not mix Debug and release build products on Windows = you can't build a debug plugin and then use it with a release version of OpenCPN as it depends on different symbols (About which you re informed in the logfile when it fails to load)

Pavel
Old 16-04-2018, 20:47   #2174

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

I made a video for easy way to build opencpn and plugins.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=dXE0OdMNbjQ
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 01:20   #2175

OK, understood.

Re My problem with wxWidgets and the build of 4.8.0, I just naturally assumed that when the instructions state "Get the latest 3.0 release", then that would include a 3.1 release. OK, so my mistake.

Re the demo plugin sample, Yes it does seem that it doesn't get much usage as in addition to some cast errors, it also required aui to be included in the SET(wxWidgets_USE_LIBS....) clause in the cmake file before it would build.

I'll have another look at the demo sample, in the meantime I have successfully built and loaded the NMEA Converter plugin which is closer to my requirements as I think I just need to use the PushNMEABuffer and/or the SetPositionFix, SetNMEASentence functions.

Would I be correct in assuming that these functions allow me to send NMEA0183 sentences into OpenCPN from an alternative source ? In other words if I had no connections configured I could send valid RMC, GGA, GLL, MWV, DPT, VHW or other NMEA 183 sentences that have been derived from another source into OpenCPN ?

Thanks.

« SAR Plugin | - »