Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2016, 08:35   #1846

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Hakan & Dave I'll git and try later, but is this improvement going to need changes in the documentation? Thanks..
rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:53   #1847

Boat: Najad 34

Rick
There a new button to reset any user's "playing" with different options back to Mariner's standard, so that may be described in the options-vector charts wiki.
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:03   #1848

Boat: Valiant 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor121 View Post
Hello all,

I'm a plugin developer in need of some assistance! I have all opencpn compiled using linux as is instructed in the guide Compiling - Linux | Official OpenCPN Homepage

I'm not sure why, but I have no maps. No charts. No ability to get maps or charts as they are normally downloaded with Chart Downloader. I've provided a screenshot. I don't even have land masses! Does anyone know why this might be? My hunch is that this is a directory dependency issue, so I tried placing my Charts directory in the OpenCPN directory created from the git clone and recompiled with negative results.

Any thoughts? Help is always appreciated!

Read the web site for developers. You have to manually download the world shape files (GSHHS). There is where the world shapes are kept. They are not in github opencpn repository.

You have to build and install the chart downloaded plugin. If you don't want to do that you can download charts from US NOAA web site and install them manually. Read the users guide for instructions.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:23   #1849

To be used for BR24Radar_pi development I've put a small program sending various NMEA data to a serial, COM, port, to Github.
The program search for available serial ports.
If you enter a course and speed the program will calculate new positions and you'll get a moving boat in OCPN. Also various data for Dashboard test are sent. See my Github for details and downloads.: https://github.com/Hakansv/Send_NMEA_COM
Both source and Win binary are available, see Readme.

Håkan
Old 11-11-2016, 13:56   #1850

Quote:
Rick
There a new button to reset any user's "playing" with different options back to Mariner's standard, so that may be described in the options-vector charts wiki.
Håkan
Made changes for this in the new wiki. Not changed in old version on opencpn.org.
Vector Display Tab [Opencpn]

Hakan, Dave is description ok?
Thanks for the improvement Dave!
Old 11-11-2016, 14:53   #1851

Rick
The reset button info is correct as far as I can judge. On the image above is the new button missing, though.
Very nice menu! Well done!
Håkan
Old 13-11-2016, 12:59   #1852

Thanks, good point...fixed now.
Old 17-11-2016, 13:24   #1853

Dave, Pavel or @all.
There's a good preparation for (M)ARPA targets handling in OCPN code. For to handle MARPA targets in BR24Radar_pi we're doing some test and functional tests in OCPN.
I've a question connected to that:
There are two NMEA messages for different way to pass MARPA data to OCPN, TLL and TTM. Both are construed in AIS_Decoder.cpp For some reason are the two messages not not handling a lost target equally.

In TLL the code says: (AIS_Decoder.cpp row: ~608)
Code:
arpa_status = tkz.GetNextToken(); //6) Target status: L
        if ( arpa_status != _T( "L" ) ) {
            arpa_lost = false;
        } else if ( arpa_status != wxEmptyString )
            arpa_nottracked = true;
In TTM ( row ~544)
Code:
arpa_status = tkz.GetNextToken(); //12) Target Status
        if ( arpa_status != _T( "L" ) )
            arpa_lost = false;
The implication of not setting arpa_nottracked = true in TTM is that a target reported lost is still visible but marked with a lost sign and disappears after AIS targets time out while the TLL logic is making it invisible instantaneously.
Now we are using TTM and want the target invisible when we send "Lost".
The fix in TTM is easy but now to my question:
Is there a reason for the differences in TLL and TTM or is it only a bug alike inconsistency?
My intention if nothing else is coming up is to PR a fix.
Håkan
Old 17-11-2016, 13:46   #1854

Boat: Phantom 19

Hakan...
This code never received much testing as all I've had while implementing it was a few minutes of NMEA data and theoretical knowledge collected at https://github.com/nohal/OpenCPN/wik...implementation, which also kind of describes why it is implemented the way it is. Which can of course be wrong and you guys actually using radars daily are likely more qualified than me to fix it

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 13:53   #1855

Pavel..
Many thanks for your nice answer. There was no underlying criticism from my side. Just a question. There could have been thinks I don't see or understand. I'll fix.
Håkan
Old 20-11-2016, 23:03   #1856

Boat: Richter 42

Hi,
I am trying to build and run OpenCPN under windows 7 for testing purposes. I can build it fine but when I run it I get an assert error in chcanv.cpp with what looks like two paint events occurring at the same time. Traceback looks like this
Code:
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxDefaultAssertHandler(const wxString & file, int line, const wxString & func, const wxString & cond, const wxString & msg) Line 1077    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxOnAssert(const char * file, int line, const char * func, const char * cond, const wchar_t * msg) Line 1178    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxMemoryDCImpl::DoSelect(const wxBitmap & bitmap) Line 130    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxMemoryDC::SelectObject(wxBitmap & bmp) Line 250    C++ 
>    opencpn.exe!ChartCanvas::OnPaint(wxPaintEvent & event) Line 9457    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent(wxEvtHandler * handler, void (wxEvent &) * func, wxEvent & event) Line 612    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler(wxEvtHandler * handler, wxEventFunctor & functor, wxEvent & event) Line 624    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatchesId(const wxEventTableEntryBase & entry, wxEvtHandler * handler, wxEvent & event) Line 1394    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEventHashTable::HandleEvent(wxEvent & event, wxEvtHandler * self) Line 998    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::TryHereOnly(wxEvent & event) Line 1589    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::TryBeforeAndHere(wxEvent & event) Line 3671    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventLocally(wxEvent & event) Line 1522    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent(wxEvent & event) Line 1495    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::SafelyProcessEvent(wxEvent & event) Line 1613    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindowBase::HandleWindowEvent(wxEvent & event) Line 1526    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::HandlePaint() Line 4857    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::MSWHandleMessage(long * result, unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam) Line 2856    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::MSWWindowProc(unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam) Line 3645    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWndProc(HWND__ * hWnd, unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam) Line 2711    C++ 
     [External Code]     
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!DoShowAssertDialog(const wxString & msg) Line 1224    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppTraitsBase::ShowAssertDialog(const wxString & msgOriginal) Line 910    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxGUIAppTraitsBase::ShowAssertDialog(const wxString & msg) Line 495    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!ShowAssertDialog(const wxString & file, int line, const wxString & func, const wxString & cond, const wxString & msgUser, wxAppTraits * traits) Line 1302    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppConsoleBase::OnAssertFailure(const wchar_t * file, int line, const wchar_t * func, const wchar_t * cond, const wchar_t * msg) Line 781    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxDefaultAssertHandler(const wxString & file, int line, const wxString & func, const wxString & cond, const wxString & msg) Line 1093    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxOnAssert(const char * file, int line, const char * func, const char * cond, const wchar_t * msg) Line 1178    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEndBusyCursor() Line 76    C++ 
     opencpn.exe!OCPNPlatform::HideBusySpinner() Line 1233    C++ 
     opencpn.exe!ChartCanvas::OnPaint(wxPaintEvent & event) Line 9553    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent(wxEvtHandler * handler, void (wxEvent &) * func, wxEvent & event) Line 612    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler(wxEvtHandler * handler, wxEventFunctor & functor, wxEvent & event) Line 624    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatchesId(const wxEventTableEntryBase & entry, wxEvtHandler * handler, wxEvent & event) Line 1394    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEventHashTable::HandleEvent(wxEvent & event, wxEvtHandler * self) Line 998    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::TryHereOnly(wxEvent & event) Line 1589    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::TryBeforeAndHere(wxEvent & event) Line 3671    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventLocally(wxEvent & event) Line 1522    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent(wxEvent & event) Line 1495    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::SafelyProcessEvent(wxEvent & event) Line 1613    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindowBase::HandleWindowEvent(wxEvent & event) Line 1526    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::HandlePaint() Line 4857    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::MSWHandleMessage(long * result, unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam) Line 2856    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::MSWWindowProc(unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam) Line 3645    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWndProc(HWND__ * hWnd, unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam) Line 2711    C++ 
     [External Code]     
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxGUIEventLoop::ProcessMessage(tagMSG * msg) Line 172    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxGUIEventLoop::Dispatch() Line 232    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEventLoopManual::ProcessEvents() Line 173    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEventLoopManual::DoRun() Line 206    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEventLoopBase::Run() Line 78    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppConsoleBase::MainLoop() Line 334    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppConsoleBase::OnRun() Line 260    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxAppBase::OnRun() Line 305    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEntryReal(int & argc, wchar_t * * argv) Line 495    C++ 
     wxbase30ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEntry(int & argc, wchar_t * * argv) Line 188    C++ 
     wxmsw30ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEntry(HINSTANCE__ * hInstance, HINSTANCE__ * __formal, char * __formal, int nCmdShow) Line 415    C++ 
     opencpn.exe!WinMain(HINSTANCE__ * hInstance, HINSTANCE__ * hPrevInstance, char * __formal, int nCmdShow) Line 826    C++ 
     [External Code]
chcanv.cpp line 9553 is executed and then line 9457 which gets an assert error as both of them are playing with mscratch_dc, with one creating it and the other trying to delete it.

I am currently using update 0fe5f55e from 5th Nov 2016. I am not sure how to get around this at the moment, any ideas?

Thanks
Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 06:43   #1857
Marine Service Provider

jon...

The precipitating event is the wxAssert dialog caused by the busy spinner code in ocpnPlatform:: HideBusy Spinner(). Try removing the comment from

Code:
//    if( ::wxIsBusy() )
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 15:49   #1858

Boat: Richter 42

Dave,
Thanks, that appears to have fixed it. This issue did not occur under linux, it only showed up under windows (win 7). Is this part of trying to remove the busy spinner that people have been reporting?

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 18:52   #1859
Marine Service Provider

jon...

Busy spinner troubles...yep.
On the list....

Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 01:48   #1860

Re: OpenCPN Books - Supplimentary Software location

Dave or Thomas,

The Supplementary Software "Book" has somehow moved magically to be inside of the "OpenCPN User Manual "Book".

There is no longer a "Supplementary Software" book as one of the 4 main books.

The last time this was Revised is dated in 2013 by Manimaul I believe.

I am on a very slow connection and don't want to loose the "Sup. Software" pages, no matter where they are. I was thinking of creating a new "Supplementary Software" Book and moving all the pages under that, but my internet is slow.

Do you think this would work without losing pages?

Also I won't have a good internet connection for another week and a half, to try this, if you think that will work.

Thanks.
Rick