Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-12-2017, 10:51   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Leopard 42 catamaran
Android support?

I just bought the android app, but I can't get it to display the CM93 charts on my RCA Gallileo Pro.

I have tried twice to register for the aocpn forum on bigdumboat, but can't get that to work either. First time it said I was a spammer. second time I used my wife's email (the one with which I bought the app on google play), that time it worked. It said it sent me (her) and activation link. But I have not received that. So I requested a resend, and double checked the email address. Still have not received that.

So it won't let me log in, and there is no means to contact the administrator without first logging in.

So here I am:
Can someone either help me to log in to the app support forum or help me to get openCPN to work on my tablet?

On the tablet, here is what happens.

It installed fine.
I used the chart downloader to install some NOAA charts. That worked fine. They went into I then put the CM93 charts into /storage/emulated/0/Charts/Enc

I then put the CM93 charts into /storage/emulated/0/Charts/CM93

Then I went to the Charts tab and added that directory.

I say OK.
It then displays a progress bar and Elapsed time, but on this there is no movement. After about 20 seconds that window closes (without having displayed any progress) but still no CM93 charts are to be seen.

I then tried that a few more times, and also tried moving the charts to different locations, but nothing changes. The NOAA charts work, but the CM93 don't

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Noel Swanson

Life is too short to live in ugly places.
LifePart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 11:36   #2

Boat: Drascombe Coaster (22ft) "Seanymph"
Re: Android support?

Hi Noel,

I had/have the same experience with my "old" Samsung 7.7 Tab. After updating to version 1.0.15 of OpenCPN for Android there appears to be a problem when loading vector charts (like the CM93 you mentioned) on some types of tablets. Raster charts (like the NOAA RNC's) seem to work fine.

I know Dave is working on this particular bug. So hopefully the problem will be solved soon.

And as for the registration proces on the AO-forum.... that is indeed quite a challenge. I cannot help you with that but I can keep you posted on problem Dave is tackling regarding the ENC-charts.

Roel
Roel Smidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 16:00   #3
Marine Service Provider

Re: Android support?

LifePart2...

If you will PM me with your email address used to sign up for the Aondroid Forum, I will enable you immediately.

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote