Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2015, 10:57   #1

Boat: Shin Fa 458 Custom Cutter but looks like a Liberty 458
AIS info gone?

A few days ago, I booted up my computer with the USB plugin for showing what AIS targets were out there. Done it many times and it worked fine. This time, as I booted up the computer, I also plugged it in to keep the computer charged. When the boot up was done, I routinely check the "device manager" for the computer to make sure the USB is working for the AIS. The screen says it is working fine. When the program finished booting, all info on the AIS targets was gone. The box was there but it showed no targets even though I was less than 10 miles from a major shipping lane. It had worked when I turned the computer off just fine(SI-Tex transponder).
This same thing had happened before but if I changed out the USB cord, the info came back just fine the next time I booted the computer. This time, when I used a brand new cord, the result was the same--nothing on the screen. I took the computer below decks and plugged it straight into the USB plug from the SI-Tex transponder and got the same result--nothing on the screen.
I took a shot that while the computer was telling me that the info was on Port 13, it might actually be on a different one. So I added each of the ports to OPEN CPN and nothing changed.
I've plugged it in and booted--nothing, I've had the USB plugged in and nothing. I've booted it up and then plugged in the USB--nothing. I know there are ships out there as I can see them on the horizon as they pass us.
Any suggestions would be appreciated as we are in the middle of the Indian Ocean about to start heading south toward South Africa and I want to know if there are any ships around us.
Using version 3.2.2 I think on a window 7 computer
mestrezat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ais