Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 10:37   #1

Add some information in AIS window

Hello,

How could I add some information in AIS window. Let's say press right mouse button and choose data type.
So which file is responsible for showing AIS data? and which file is responsible for right button of mouse?

Thank's for information
useris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:12   #2

Re: Add some information in AIS window

Or do this by plugin?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:14   #3

Boat: Najad 34

Useris..
I don't know much about program files but what info and what "AIS window" do you mean? AIS info is shown in OCPN's normal canvas using NMEA data coming from some connection.
Please read the excellent manual packed in the program or: AIS | Official OpenCPN Homepage or the section about data forwarding inside the program: Data Connections | Official OpenCPN Homepage.

Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 13:22   #4

Useris..
I don't know much about program files but what info and what "AIS window" do you mean? AIS info is shown in OCPN's normal canvas using NMEA data coming from some connection.

I want add extra information in AIS info canvas .... like friend, unknown and more like this ...
Old 11-03-2013, 13:54   #5

Useris..
Ok, I see. There has been some discussions about buddy list and similar in earlier threads here. It may be that a search for "buddy" in this forum, opencpn, can view some information. And if I don't miss reminds there is already a future request for such a buddy list for next program version. The technic here for the future is to discuss in the sticky thread for that topic or add to what's called flyspray: OpenCPN::Tracker All Projects: Tasklist.
I see you are a new member as my self since half a year. OCPN is an amazing program as this forum as well. The coders are voluntary but so knowledgeable and helpful and forum members are discussing future and new features in a very friendly way.

So, here you can just explain your detailed ideas for the forum and if found usable and programmable it will for sure pop up in next beta.

Håkan
Old 13-03-2013, 00:25   #6

Maybe there is some more information about opencpn c++ function (API), I could try to do it by myself
Old 13-03-2013, 00:43   #7

useris..
That sound really great. If you for example aims for a buddy list that could be a appreciated function not less to be able to exclude some AIS targets from CPA warnings.
I'm sure you read the developers manual? If not there is a nice description how to catch the actual code using Git. And also how to adapt plugins.
Håkan
Old 13-03-2013, 01:23   #8

Yes, I read Developer's Guide but most information is about Compiling, but I need information about structure and functions
Old 13-03-2013, 06:20   #9

Ok, then I think we more or less are on same level. For that I think we have to trust Dave, Pavel or some else coder to join this thread.
Old 13-03-2013, 06:38   #10

Boat: Phantom 19

useris...
I'm afraid that until you actually start looking at the code, get at least a little bit familiar with it and come with a more concrete questions (or did you already do it and really can't find where the stuff you are asking above is done?), there's not much to tell... If you don't want to read the code directly (why?), run doxygen on it to get a html view where you can click your mouse.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 07:12   #11

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Interesting tool Doxygen: Main Page
'You can configure doxygen to extract the code structure from undocumented source files. This is very useful to quickly find your way in large source distributions. Doxygen can also visualize the relations between the various elements by means of include dependency graphs, inheritance diagrams, and collaboration diagrams, which are all generated automatically.'
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 08:25   #12

I just search for function AISTargetListDialog:: TargetQuery which is in ais.cpp which call ShowAISTargetQueryDialog function in chcanv.cpp. I think I found maybe not

Tags
ais