Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-01-2013, 17:06   #1

Boat: 1981 Endeavour 37 & 1990 MacGregor 26 Classic
A couple questions....

I have OpenCPN on a couple different computers that were downloaded at different times, but seem to be the same version ( Version 3.0.2 Build 2012-07-07).

Here is a screen shot of one I loaded first....

...the arrow points to the menu I get when I right click the mouse. Notice I have the option of clicking on "Maximum Detail Here".

Now here is a screen shot from a more recent download....

Notice now I don't have the "Maximum Detail Here" option. On this version as I zoom in say in a large area (southern FL) more detailed charts will automatically load the further I zoom in. Also note the difference in the displayed charts at the bottom.

I like the first option better. Is it now gone or is there a way to have that option I'm missing?

One last thing. With SeaClear II which we have been using I can zoom all the way out on a chart and see the whole chart. With Open it seems I can only zoom out part way and then need to move the chart to see all of it.

Thanks for any help,

Sum
Sumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 02:51   #2

Boat: Dufour 35
Re: A couple questions....

Sum
Your first screen-shot is using Single chart mode, while the second is using Quilting mode. This explains the difference in right-click menus.
Read more in the documentation that is included in OpenCPN. Click the blue book with a "?" on the cover in the toolbar. The select the help tab.

Quote:
One last thing. With SeaClear II which we have been using I can zoom all the way out on a chart and see the whole chart. With Open it seems I can only zoom out part way and then need to move the chart to see all of it.
This is fixed in the latest betas and the 3.2 soon(ish) to be released new stable version. The Single mode chart implementation will be slightly different in 3.2.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 15:33   #3

Boat: 1981 Endeavour 37 & 1990 MacGregor 26 Classic
Re: A couple questions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Sum
Your first screen-shot is using Single chart mode, while the second is using Quilting mode. This explains the difference in right-click menus....Thomas
Thanks, that cleared it up

I'll be looking for the new version. I like the option of zooming out to see the whole chart and then moving and zooming back,

Sum
Sumner is offline   Reply With Quote