Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Challenges
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2010, 16:03   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya
Quote:
Originally Posted by mys View Post
Florida law requires seller to disclose that house or boat is 'haunted' or has a reputation as 'haunted'..........
I searched for this Florida law online and I was unable to find any reference to such a law. I hope it's not on the "books", but I can't defend much about the wierd laws that are found nation wide. I certainly don't want to support ideas that give credence to the supernatural. Take care and joy, aythya crew
Hudson Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 16:05   #32

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Warning... temporary thread drift...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupek View Post
I will "clean" your boat from any ghosts for a fee. That way I could make money to buy a boat. I could be the "perfect" candidate as I am atheist.
Aaahhh... this could work. If you can't see our ghosties... you probably won't see how high our cheque will bounce...

I'm always amazed when someone claims to be an atheist, usually with a flurry of intellectual/ 'scientific' snobbery. Nothing personal dupek. Just taking the opportunity to raise the question.
An athiest assumes science has already proved/disproved everything.

Isn't atheism just a lack of imagination?

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 16:30   #33

Send a message via AIM to iwsteel
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I've not only seen ghosts on a couple of occassions but talked to them (being able to put your hand through people whilst talking to them is usually the clue ). and I still don't beleive in them - I'm a hard sell

And I wasn't smoking anything at the time - the mind is a powerful thing, something that can give you all those events and feelings within dreams can give you anything. It can even turn dodgy chemicals and alcohol into sights and sounds as well as feelings.........but like any machine doesn't function 100% for 100% of the time. Folks know that already from simple misfunctions like headaches, why would the audio / visual proccessing parts of the brain not also be capable of the odd misfunction?
DOJ....lol(shaking head in state of wonderment)
(being able to put your hand through people whilst talking to them is usually the clue ).... maybe you could grab a inflammed gaulbladder or appendix while yer in there and relieve their pangs. They might cross yer palm with Ghost Silver....Dont Forget my Cut.....lol

"as well as feelings"....yes ultamately it is a feeling most search for(Wondering if the feeling is available "TakeOut2GO" and "Would You Like Fries with that") and if it takes a Ghost to get em there... SobIt. lol

DOJ i'm thinking it would be fun to cross paths with ya and toss a few ideas up in the air...(Prolly best in int.waters so i can fire up the White Lightning Machine)....if i ever get a boat n outfit it proper and learn to sail........ maybe 50 yrs?...lol...as a Ghost
iwsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 16:38   #34

Not exactly lack of imagination. I always imagine, that my next ex will be young, good looking and smart female with lot of money. I just do not believe in "mystical world". I need to see, touch, smell ( I will not recommend that in my bathroom) object. I know that I can not see electricity, but I felt it many times. If I deny existence of wind (can not see it), I will have no desire to buy sailboat and learn to sail. The other kind of wind, I can smell and see (fire). I do have imagination as I like to edit photos the funny way (not nasty). Check this " jestarkel.net/flash" , look at the photos and tell me that I do not have imagination. I am not skill full writer. This post should be about fun. Lets live that way.
dupek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 16:50   #35

Send a message via AIM to iwsteel
feelin it

Quote:
Not exactly lack of imagination. I always imagine, that my next ex will be young, good looking and smart female with lot of money. I just do not believe in "mystical world". I need to see, touch, smell ( I will not recommend that in my bathroom) object. I know that I can not see electricity, but I felt it many times. If I deny existence of wind (can not see it), I will have no desire to buy sailboat and learn to sail. The other kind of wind, I can smell and see (fire). I do have imagination as I like to edit photos the funny way (not nasty). Check this " jestarkel.net/flash" , look at the photos and tell me that I do not have imagination. I am not skill full writer. This post should be about fun. Lets live that way.
Looks like were all fighting over the same girl...lol
no matter what we believe

as i imagine along with you peeps
iwsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 16:54   #36

Boat: CT 54
I like fun... wanna share some Tequila.
Deck Scrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 16:55   #37

good looking boat (ghosts free) and good looking woman - I will not ask for more.
Old 15-08-2010, 17:23   #38

Quote:
I always imagine, that my next ex will be young, good looking and smart female with lot of money. I just do not believe in "mystical world". This post should be about fun. Lets live that way.
AAAhh, but there, you do!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't have the girl like that without believing in a mystical world.

Best I've managed is 2 out of 4...

Good luck...

Old 15-08-2010, 18:41   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond View Post
AAAhh, but there, you do!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't have the girl like that without believing in a mystical world.

Best I've managed is 2 out of 4...

Good luck...
Yep, but in my age (58) did shows that I have imagination.
Old 16-08-2010, 02:32   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Quote:
I always imagine, that my next ex will be young, good looking and smart female with lot of money. I just do not believe in "mystical world".
She exists. I picked her up one night when her Merc broke down. She is also a witch and said she could turn me into anything she wanted.

10 minutes later I turned into a motel - I am a believer.

Occam's Razor - Is it less of a stretch to believe in ghosts, aliens, heaven, hell, purgatory, ghouls, demons, witches and so forth or that the cat actually knocked the lamp over while we weren't looking.

I have an open mind and if a ghost, alien, demon or whatever wants to sit down for a chat, I am all for it. Just hasn't happened yet.

Maybe I am not even interesting enough to haunt or visit from far away galaxies...
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 04:49   #41
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwsteel View Post
DOJ i'm thinking it would be fun to cross paths with ya and toss a few ideas up in the air...(Prolly best in int.waters so i can fire up the White Lightning Machine)....if i ever get a boat n outfit it proper and learn to sail........ maybe 50 yrs?...lol...as a Ghost
Given your Bio could be an interesting discussion ...........or just heated

I would suggest also drinking Beer . and discussing politics . and anchors
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 06:58   #42

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Haunting?

This forum is haunted by the Jessica Watson thread. And OMG DOJ how could you bring up anchors? You really do know how to stir the pot (compost).

The ghost of Idora's previous owner (deceased) is always aboard and is actually a cool guy. I am always finding clever things he has done and thank him for it.

Todd
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 19:11   #43

Boat: Blackwatch 19 gaff rig cat
There are 7,500 billion billion grains of sand on our planet. There are more stars in our known universe, than grains of sand. Similar chemicals that started life on this grain of sand lurk profusely throughout the universe So, life existing elsewhere is possible. A ghost is another factor that Iv'e seen no proof of their existence. As a mere human being my knowledge is limited to rationalization. I do not actually know the truth, but in my lifetime I would sure like proof of something spiritual, other than superstition.
Capt.Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 19:41   #44

Boat: Catalina 22 - La Maestra
Ya'll are working way to hard to find a method to cleanse a ghost from a boat. Just give my ex sister-in-law a call. She will scare the life out of anything living and the energy out of those things that aren't.

Might have a problem when I try to negotiate a fee with her though...
Old 17-08-2010, 22:39   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSeas View Post
Ya'll are working way to hard to find a method to cleanse a ghost from a boat. Just give my ex sister-in-law a call. She will scare the life out of anything living and the energy out of those things that aren't......
Sooooo... that makes you my brother-in-law... Where the hell were you when I needed you??????????