Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Challenges
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2010, 15:26   #1

Challenge: Choose My Dissertation !

I’m back in University now completing my degree in web design and already inundated with work. I have also had a 1-to-1 with my project mentor about what I want to do for my dissertation. Basically, we have to do a subject that is web based, and it makes it easier if we have an interest in the subject.

After a while, it was decided that boating/yachting/living the dream was my target subject and specifically families living aboard. He has given me 2 weeks to decide how I can implement Families living at sea into a web based project. My idea is an Apple iPhone App of some sort. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Anything? Doesn’t have to be an iPhone app. Could just be a simple website for a family at sea (anyone want a website built for free? lol)
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
NYCSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 11:21   #2
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Oh wow - I hope your two weeks aren't up, yet, I only just saw this thread now!

I'm doing a Masters in Online Education, and I have to build a teaching resource bearing in mind accessibility this month. I have chosen to prepare our Catamaran Club (I'm Commodore) for a 30 mile sail to the nearest island...

I was planning on building a website to keep all the resources I'd use together, but I'm not having a lot of luck with doing so yet. I've tried Dreamweaver and FreshHTML so far. You can do it for me if you like?!!!

The resources I have built so far are in FreeMind, Powerpoint, MapSource and of course there are links to Windguru and Easytide.... Not sure if it's the sort of project you're after?
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 15:34   #3

Hi Kate,

I have now got my project sorry, I am designing a website for a local houseboat marina with full CMS functions.

If you send me a brief of what you want, I will take a look to see what I can do for you during my spare time (just reference me and let me and my partner come and stay on your boat sometime lol)
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
NYCSavage is offline   Reply With Quote