Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2018, 13:32   #16

Boat: Fortuna Island Spirit 40
Re: Wirie Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOKKIE View Post
I too just bought a WiriePro this past January. I had really high hopes and am not tech savvy so expected this to be as advertised..... easy to use out of the box. It did not come with instructions. We have had nothing but troubles. We did send it back and exchanged for a new one. We had it professionally installed. It won't connect with WIFI or our sim. We have two exact same SIM cards. Our phone hooks up every time with great service. WiriePro not. To makes matters worse the customer service is terrible. Yes he may answer emails or phone calls, but with such arrogance, condescension, patronizing attitude that I start to quake like I did when in jr. school. One should not be afraid to ask for just a little instruction.
I agree that one has to reset it so frequently, that I actually set it to its own breaker switch easy on/ easy off. If I knew how to set up another option I would so fast and sell this one to anyone who wants it or it will be used as a drogue. http://www.cruisersforum.com/images/...s/banghead.gifhttp://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...lies/trash.gif
I can actually feel your frusteration in your writing.. Too bad you have had such a bad experience.

Although I don't know of a good integrated solution (wifi booster, with cell booster). I can definately recommend a Huawei device for the cell portion. We have been using the device in the link below for 2 years and its done really well. Its also quite simple to use (just put your SIM in, setup the wifi password, and it works.)

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-broadband/e5786s/
Amazon link
https://www.amazon.com/Huawei-E5786s.../dp/B00T3BFU02

Of course if your phone is working, you could setup a "hotspot" using your phone. If you want help with that, you could send me a PM and I would be happy to help you!
Old 22-04-2018, 16:48   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: FP Tobago 35 [sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOKKIE View Post
I too just bought a WiriePro this past January. I had really high hopes and am not tech savvy so expected this to be as advertised..... easy to use out of the box. It did not come with instructions. We have had nothing but troubles. We did send it back and exchanged for a new one. We had it professionally installed. It won't connect with WIFI or our sim. We have two exact same SIM cards. Our phone hooks up every time with great service. WiriePro not. To makes matters worse the customer service is terrible. Yes he may answer emails or phone calls, but with such arrogance, condescension, patronizing attitude that I start to quake like I did when in jr. school. One should not be afraid to ask for just a little instruction.
I agree that one has to reset it so frequently, that I actually set it to its own breaker switch easy on/ easy off. If I knew how to set up another option I would so fast and sell this one to anyone who wants it or it will be used as a drogue.

We are sorry you feel that way Barbara.

But to be clear, for everyone, you have a total of 26 distinct tickets open with us (all of which we responded to via email and phone and attempted to help as best we could). The latest being a few days ago with your husband asking us about a part that has failed, which is not part of our installation or product. What this tells us is that your installation is not standard, which makes it more difficult for us to provide assistance. We understand you had it "professionally" installed, but based on what you have written us, our product is not installed as it should be, which has caused at least a few of the issues you have contacted us about.

Regardless, we are sorry you are frustrated, but we have spent numerous hours working with you and your husband and our product. We will continue to be available to provide support if and when you contact us. But please don't put all the blame on us when we have worked with you over and over again to explain how our system works and how to use it. We understand some of the issues have been on our side (which we resolved with a warranty replacement), but some responsibility needs to be in your hands as well. And criticizing us on an open forum is no way to continue a productive relationship.

We ship all units with a Quickstart Guide. The full user manuals are available online at our website (User Manuals - The Wirie) for anyone to download and view. We do not ship the 70 page manual as most of them just end up in the garbage.

If your unit is indeed not connecting to WiFi networks or cellular networks, something is not right and we would appreciate the opportunity to help further by contacting us directly at support@thewirie.com.

I am also a bit confused by you stating the need to constantly reset The Wirie pro, however just above you stated it did not work with WiFi networks or cell networks, so something is not being stated clearly here. There is no question the more specific one can be with us about the issue, the faster we are able to diagnose the problem.
Old 03-05-2018, 17:43   #18

Boat: Jensen 37
Wirie Pro

From my last post about the absolute failure of our Wirie Pro,

We have been inundated on IM by others with same issues, both with the units and the lack of service from a Mark the Wirie Pro man.

Will look to get a Facebook page going to see if anyone else has managed to get their wirie pro working as it is now very obvious that Wirie has no interest in customers after you send them the money.

So for us total los of more than $1200 AUD,

Wirie are making a lot of money and not delivering world wide, imo.
Old 03-05-2018, 17:59   #19

For a different perspective, ours always works fine... and every question was answered with dispatch.

It's just an assembly of standard network hardware in a waterproof box.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:33   #20

Boat: Boatless at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltym View Post
............And criticizing us on an open forum is no way to continue a productive relationship............
Who wants to do business with a company that can't accept critics, shame on you.....
Old 04-05-2018, 11:14   #21
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
Who wants to do business with a company that can't accept critics, shame on you.....
Thank you for bringing this important point up.

Criticism is fine, but personal attacks, not so much. (so far I am an arse, condescending, dishonest, and arrogant all in one thread).

Keep in mind also, that when a customer is angry, and starts posting all over the place in public forums, rarely does the entire story get told. They tell a side of the story that makes them look like the victim and that the other party is all at fault. I am sure we all see it every day.

We are very confident of our support and treatment of customers, and am 100% willing to post any ticket threads (in their entirety), with any customer, to show the full story of any "issue" the customer has. The problem is a public forum is not the place to resolve disagreements between a company and a customer. Nothing good ever comes if it, yet people still try.

Here we have two customers that are obviously frustrated with our product (perhaps due to customer issues, not product issues. And not including "snort" who returned a damaged unit back to us 5+ years ago yet expected a full refund (which somehow makes us dishonest), see: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...e-35812-3.html). But, what is not shown is the amount of time invested and what type of responses we received back from said customers. Only we know this currently, and we know we have tried to do right by both of them.

We are not going to defend against blatant inaccuracies, since nothing stops anyone from saying anything they choose. The only truth is the correspondence between customer and company, yet these customer's don't post that, even though I encourage it.

It's a bit of a sad state of affairs in today's world we all deal with since publishing public statements about a person or company is an everyday occurrence. Truth, or lies. There used to be a time of discourse, and publishing of actual facts, but not so much any more. The world is changing, no doubt about it.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:41   #22

Boat: Boatless at the moment

First, I am not a user of mentioned product.

In my opinion a forum is the perfect platform to warn others for malfunctioning products or services.

I am not impressed by your response, solve users not correctly working products and let your products work as promised. Not many companies end up here because of malfunctioning or low standard customer support.

Till now it seems that you don't understand why you landed here on CF.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:46   #23
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
In my opinion a forum is the perfect platform to warn others for malfunctioning products or services.
Agreed, but instead I am insulted. Big difference, sorry.

Quote:
I am not impressed by your response, solve users not correctly working products and let your products work as promised. Not many companies end up here because of malfunctioning or low standard customer support.
Was not trying to impress anybody. Not being intimately involved, and not have all the facts, I disagree with your assessment however. You are in no position to comment on what we did or did not do with these customers, or how they were treated, or how we worked with them. I think you should hold judgement until you actually see all information and correspondence (if ever).

Quote:
Till now it seems that you don't understand why you landed here on CF.
Landed here 10 years ago because I bought a boat. Not sure what you are insinuating.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:52   #24
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

FWIW

I’ve a WiriePro, it works as advertised, I have needed to reach out to customer support a few times, the response has always been prompt and useful.

In fact I would buy the product again and I would recommend it.

My experience. I’m a happy client.
Old 04-05-2018, 13:32   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Wirie Pro

I’m no tech savvy guy, I’m real good at mechanical things, and even electronics, but I’m no network / software type.
I wanted something out of the box, physical install, plug and play.
The WiriePro is expensive, many may argue that the component pieces don’t justify the cost, but for me to get something that I just provide power to and have it work, it is.
Many Marine products if you just look at component parts are excessively expensive, take Marine refrigerators for instance. A lot has to do with the reduced production volume.
Anyway, I have had our WiriePro for over a year now, and so far it’s been flawless.
I have not used it yet with a SIM card, just as a WiFi range extender, not the Wiries fault, mine as I have Verizon in the States, and the Wirie won’t work on their network.

I have not had to contact support, so can’t comment there, but the install manual and in particular the software is so simple it’s just intuitive and easy, a lot like a Garmin product if you know what I mean, don’t really need a manual, it’s mostly self explanatory.

However I have only used it in the US
Old 04-05-2018, 15:19   #26

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobweb View Post
From my last post about the absolute failure of our Wirie Pro,

We have been inundated on IM by others with same issues, both with the units and the lack of service from a Mark the Wirie Pro man. What is "IM?" Please substantiate this claim, or ask a moderator to remove it.

Will look to get a Facebook page going to see if anyone else has managed to get their wirie pro working as it is now very obvious that Wirie has no interest in customers after you send them the money. It is obvious from billknny's post that the subject Wirie does work for someone.

So for us total los of more than $1200 AUD,

Wirie are making a lot of money and not delivering world wide, imo.
Cobweb seems pretty unhappy with his Wirie, but in the other thread about it, a number of people wrote in saying that they were satisfied with the product. It has made me wonder if (being available world wide) if there are regional differences in the networks to which they attach, that are causing the differences in customers' experiences with them, or regional differences in service by various providers...

At the moment it is a mystery to this observer, maybe he received a dud?

Ann
Old 04-05-2018, 17:44   #27

Boat: Jensen 37

I have Ben asked to stick to the FACTS to stop my posts being deleted.

Our Wirie has never worked as sold to us despite being installed exactly as per instructions.

When we Enquiried to Wirie about the issue Wirie, Mark instantly blamed our carrier, we changed carriers three times ( at our cost), had to use cell phone Data for six months again At our cost to send and reply to many many emails sent to Mark in an effort to get recognition of the dodgy unit sent to us.

Wirie stopped working all together and isstill not working.

mark (Wirie) after 6 months of denying any problem with his unit, informed us that as we had told the TRUTH, about our issues with his product online he would not provide ANY assistance at all.

Wirie has now blocked our unit from connecting remotely, not a problem as it was useless anyway, but it has stopped the company we asked to have a review of it from being able to assess the units zcondition and if they can get it working.

This action by Wirie, we believe was put in place to stop us from making any claims against Wirie for poor product supply and making legal claim to seek reperatations as we are out of pocket more than $1200AUD

We have been advised that a class action has begun i USA against Wirie Pro directors by others with same issues of supply
Old 04-05-2018, 18:04   #28

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

A wirie for wifi at least is nothing but a $12 alfa in a waterproof box.
Old 04-05-2018, 18:09   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

I don’t pretend to be any kind of expert.
But I don’t think your Wirie can be remotely disabled, I don’t think there are any conspiracies here.
Old 04-05-2018, 18:19   #30
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
A wirie for wifi at least is nothing but a $12 alfa in a waterproof box.
Just to make sure correct information is shared here, we have not sold the Alfa version of our system for 5 years. Our current systems rely on a combination of both custom hardware and Ubiquiti networking products. Feel free to review our website for more details and specifications.
Closed Thread