Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2018, 19:01   #31

Boat: Outbound 44
Re: Wirie Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobweb View Post

We have been advised that a class action has begun i USA against Wirie Pro directors by others with same issues of supply
Please share your evidence of this.
You do have some, right?
Old 05-05-2018, 01:56   #32

Boat: Bavaria 40 Ocean

We have had Wirie for over 5 years now. Our boat is in use and on the water all year in Nordic climate. The Wirie (Alfa version) still working. This post is written using the Wirie connected to AP 500 meters away. We have been happy with the response from Wirie regarding our questions.

Due to new network standards we are going to complement with a Alfa UBDo-nt.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:59   #33

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40

I write this not to dispute Cobweb. After all I'm sure most of us have experienced product performance that differs from the norm, or at least from others' experience. I write simply to offer another experience. We have, for the most part, been quite satisfied with our WiriePro which has been in service for over a year from Ft. Lauderdale to the Chesapeake. I say "for the most part" because it went through a period where it often dropped its connection with onboard "users" (computers, Victron Color Control, etc.). Mark has been responsive to all of my inquiries. His suggestion to change the local wifi "channel" seems to have mostly resolved that problem. I hope that Cobweb and Wirie can come to a resolution of their differences or, even better, solve the problem underlying Cobweb's frustration.
Old 05-05-2018, 16:59   #34

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Cobweb,

You might consider returning the unit to kiltym. Perhaps there is something wrong with it other than infrastructure issues, and it would give him the opportunity to replace it for you if there are.

I am feeling pretty sure that you and kiltym have understandable reasons for your frustrations, but CF is not the place to work out a problem with a vendor.

Ann
Old 05-05-2018, 19:09   #35

Boat: Jensen 37

We attempted to get replacement or return however the vendor refuses to admit there is an issue with th unit.

We attempted to get assistance however once we posted ours issues we were delivered and ultimatum. D let’s all social media or no assistance after 8 months of no assistance deleting the truth fro. Social media was not an option.

Have been approached by the class action lawyers since our posting, have a lraf n7mber of u satisfied people and are looking at legal avenues to ensure Wire Pro cease trading.

They are careful who they approach as number attempts have been made under pseudonyms to them for the vendor.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:46   #36

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quite frankly I don't believe a word of it, particularly the bit about class action which is just a veiled threat isn't it. Your statement that they have "blocked our unit from connecting remotely" is just nonsense.

Quote:
They are careful who they approach as number attempts have been made under pseudonyms to them for the vendor.
As a moderator I wish to see factual evidence of this please or it hasn't happened and you owe the manufacturer an apology.

From what we have learnt you haven't returned the item asking for either repair or replacement. Without this happening you are not going to get resolution, certainly not just making rants on CF. You need to be proactive and return the item with a clear explanation of what the problem is and what you wish to be done to resolve it.
Old 06-05-2018, 14:37   #37

Boat: Jensen 37

Pete 7

A hate to upset you but all that I have posted is true. The “company”refuses to assist, just like the others that have posted on this thread and many other SMP’s.
If you read the reply’s from the company you will see that in each in each thread the customer is the problem.
We have been lucky that our provider Optus, has had customers with same problem with Wirie and Optus allowed us to bundle our plans to include the Data plan on our cell phones.

We have provided our unit to a company to complete report for the class action and they are the experts that have informed us that our unit has been remotely blocked.

We have been unable to use it and have been linked to cell phones pretty well since Wirie install in late 2017

Should a moderator not look to be the middle road man for the benefit of cruisers, not an obvious mate of the companies?
Old 06-05-2018, 16:53   #38

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Pete 7

A hate to upset you but all that I have posted is true.
Then you won't mind publishing the evidence to prove you statements will you.

Quote:
The “company”refuses to assist, just like the others that have posted on this thread and many other SMP’s.
How many months did the company work with you to try and solve the problem? Did you send the product back to them?

Quote:
If you read the reply’s from the company you will see that in each in each thread the customer is the problem. We have been lucky that our provider Optus, has had customers with same problem with Wirie and Optus allowed us to bundle our plans to include the Data plan on our cell phones.
The evidence in this thread is CF members are very happy with their systems which is the complete opposite to what you have stated, therefore I can only conclude your statement is false.

Quote:
We have provided our unit to a company to complete report for the class action and they are the experts that have informed us that our unit has been remotely blocked.
Now this is excellent factual evidence that you can publish on CF to prove your side of the story. I look forward to reading the report, no excuses now, publish the report.

Quote:
We have been unable to use it and have been linked to cell phones pretty well since Wirie install in late 2017 .
How many is "we"

Quote:
Should a moderator not look to be the middle road man for the benefit of cruisers, not an obvious mate of the companies?
We don't allow vendor rants on CF. We do allow you to post factual information about a product good or bad. There is a subtle difference and so far your posts are coming across as lots of fluff with no substance to back up some wild claims. So I am particularly interested to read the report you have that says the manufacturer blocked your device.

In most countries you are required to return goods that are unsatisfactory giving the vendor the opportunity to put things right. You haven't done this, so why haven't you sent it back to the manufacturer? has it been damaged or otherwise modified or tampered with by chance?
Closed Thread