Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2009, 17:31   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillraining View Post
Wow!..very impressive..that guy has an eye as well...Question.. you think he uses a tri pod for everything or is there an awsome VR built into that camera...everything looks so rock solid.

Oh and by the way thanks for making me re-thinki my kit now...dang nab you anyway..
The Italy video most of it was locked down, lots of examples of footage from the GH1 camera here: Search videos for 'panasonic gh1' on Vimeo
Some have been color corected (modified) in post but you can type in any camera model on vimeo and it will pull up the videos providing the people said what make and model it was shot on, I have a bigger Canon 5dii dslr that shoots video but it's twice the size as this cam and cost $1500 more, the quality is about the same, 99.9% of normal peole couldn't tell the difference.

Use what you already have, remeber this camera is avchd so a pain in post for most people, you will have to remove pulldown and convert the footage to an easy to edit format if you don't have a high horespower computer.

Not bad though for a small $1500 dslr still / video cam that shoots 1080 hd and 720p at up to 60 frames per second in 720 so you can have slo mo shots of waves crashing on the rocks.

There's really no wright or wrong, it's just a matter of budget and what fits your style / needs.

What video camera do you shoot with now?
Chipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 17:49   #32

Stillraining, here is a video shot by a guy in a little runabout boat heading down a canal. It's not a 'great' video but watch it because that's what this little cam is all about, a little run n' gun cam that delivers high quality images that you can take almost anywhere, it's very small and the performance you get is really good. There are better video's out there but I choose this one because it really defines how you can use it.

GH1 Test Rondvaart Breda on Vimeo
Chipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 19:58   #33

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Vagabundo View Post

SANYO Xacti VPC-CA9

There is no better camera on the market for the 100 bucks you pay for it!
While I still havent found one as cheap as you say I have found them for $295-00

Digital Cameras & Accessories - Citiwide Online - Sanyo VPC-CA9 CA9 Camcorder

But I have to ask, as this only has a 5X optical zoom and is waterproof to 1.5m, why would you not get one of these instead ?

Sanyo Xacti WH1 for $321
With a massive 30x Optical zoom and waterproof to 3m
AND its yellow

Sanyo Dual Camera Xacti WH1 720P HD Underwater Camcorder - 30x Optical Zoom - Yellow - VPC-WH1YL - Buy.com

I currently have one of these Kodak EasyShare CX7330 which has been OK for what we needed to date, but am looking to upgrade into something like the sanyo.

I take it that the sanyo will give better photo quality?
Old 20-10-2009, 20:21   #34

Boat: Peterson 46
I use an Olympus 7meg. Its waterproof (and shockproof) to 5m and can video.
rusky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera