I recently lost
speed of my ST60 wind
transducer . The transducer was new about 18 months ago after a lightning
strike took out my old instruments. I went up and got the transducer down. It had 2 problems. The first was corroded pins on the connector . Not very good as it was mounted using lanolin grease as i always do........ I cleaned the connector and went back up the mast
and tried again.. Still no wind speed. So down it came again for a more intensive test. I found it full of water
! Apparently during assembly the o ring must have split and it took 18 months of monsoon rain to fill it up. Obviously its out of guarantee so I am not overly impressed.. I have cleaned up the corrosion
and tomorrow will find a new o ring and try again... I have to say I have had too many problems with Raymarine
stuff in the last 3 years to remain loyal .