Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2016, 05:39   #1

Wanted: Nobeltec Insight Hardware Dongle

Shipmates!,

My Liberty 458, Australis has an older Nobeltec IR1 radar running on Nobeltec Admiral 7 with Insight Radar chartplotting software. As part of my winter maintenance I had revamped the PC that the system runs on, exchanging the clunky old desktop with a very compact Intel Compute Stick .
In order to run the Admiral software you need the original hardware dongle to plug into an available USB port. It looks about like a thumb drive but acts as a key to allow the software to run.

I had the system all up and running on the bench and was pretty pleased with myself. I bundled the computer, USB hub, dongle and associated cabling all into a shoe box (gives you an idea as to how compact it all was) and then placed the lot on the roof of my car. I then proceeded to drive off to the boat...

Needless to say, I no longer have the computer but that is replaceable. What is not replaceable, is the dongle. Without the dongle, I'm unable to run the Admiral software which renders my radar effectively useless.

I am putting the word out in the hope that some kind sole out there who once ran the Nobeltec radar has upgraded their radar in recent years but has retained the dongle and would be willing to part with it. I'm not in the position right now to go out and buy a new radar but I am hoping to sail Lake Superior this summer and, with all the fog they experience up there, don't like to go up without a radar.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Matthew
Australis_458 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hardware, nobeltec, wanted