Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2009, 14:05   #1

Vetus Electronic Engine Control

I have a Vetus Electronic Engine Control unit, Model# EEC12, i have a problem that the throttle control will not throttle up in forward gear, it does engage forward gear, but no throttle. The throttle will work in reverse gear, and in neutral.
I have wrote to vetus looking for assistance but have had no reply, does anyone have any idea how i can go about getting this sorted.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 05:00   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Apparently, Vetus have a collaboration with Rexroth (Bosch), leaders in the field of electronic engine controls, to market their “Marex SB” electronic remote control system for pleasure craft and smaller commercial vessels.

Bosch Rexroth Pneumatics US
Marine Service
1953 Mercer Road, Lexington, Kentucky
40511 USA
Fax: 1(859)-281-3487
Email: marexservice@boschrexroth-us.com

Rexroth Website:

http://www.boschrexroth.com/country_...ucts/index.jsp

Service Manuals:
http://www.boschrexroth.com/country_...uals/index.jsp

Hope this helps, and good luck.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 05:14   #3

Angry

Thanks for the reply, i will attempt to drop them a line.
I have had a terrible responce from Vetus, there Dutch base finally responded telling me to contact their UK branch, their UK branch havn't bothered replying, i advised Vetus.nl and asked for further assistance and i again get no responce.
It would be quite comical if i wasn't so desperate, the company push their business with an ethos and philosophy "that after sales service is de facto inseparable from sales". After spending thousands of pounds with Vetus over the years they have certainly made me think twice about my next purchase.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 13:34   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Clarification:
Bosch Rexroth manufactures the electronic engine controls, which Vetus only markets.
Vetus probably doesn’t have much technical expertise, and would have to consult Rexroth.

Old 31-03-2010, 10:00   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I have a Vetus Electronic Engine Control unit, Model# EEC12, i have a problem that the throttle control will not throttle up in forward gear, it does engage forward gear, but no throttle. The throttle will work in reverse gear, and in neutral.
I have wrote to vetus looking for assistance but have had no reply, does anyone have any idea how i can go about getting this sorted.
Yes I think I can help as I had a SIMILAR PROBLEM.
The problem could be in the control itself and is mechanical in that the blue variable resistor pot may have slipped on the shaft.
The output voltage going to the central control box may be to high or low depending on which way it slipped.The shaft of the pot may have to be moved in one direction to allow the output voltage to go higher or lower than it is at present.If you measure the voltage in neutral and then in full forward.Turn the pot in the direction that will give higher or lower voltage as required.This will give the control the voltage range it requires.
Sorry I can't rember which direction it needs to be moved.
Vetus did have a modification to lock the shaft to the lever but I did not use it.
To get at the workings you have to peel back the side cover.
If you require more info email me and I will give you more help.
I have these controls on my boat in Ireland.
Joe.
JOE DOLAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 08:13   #6

Hello Joe, I saw on the cruisersforum that you responded to a question on a Vetus EEC12. I have recently bought a Vetus EEC24 and was wondering if you have any documentation on this engine control. I have so far found nothing on the internet.

Thxs.
Jurjen Hoekstra
Netherlands
jurjenhoekstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 12:54   #7

eec12 controls

Hi I have the manual for the controls and will get it from my boat tomorrow and I will scan and email to you. My email address is joe1dolan at gmail.com .
Please send me your email address and I will send it to you.
I am looking for a spare set of eec12 controls for twin engines and if you know where I can buy same please lete know.
Joe.
JOE DOLAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 05:49   #8
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Joe and Jurjen.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:32   #9

Re: Vetus Electronic Engine Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurjenhoekstra View Post
Hello Joe, I saw on the cruisersforum that you responded to a question on a Vetus EEC12. I have recently bought a Vetus EEC24 and was wondering if you have any documentation on this engine control. I have so far found nothing on the internet.

Thxs.
Jurjen Hoekstra
Netherlands
Hello Jurjen
I saw in this old post that you had the documentation of the order EEC24 vetus ... It would be adorable to send it to me by email :-) 1101studio at gmail.com because I too have these commands and I do not have the documentation ... They are on my boat and the previous owner has deactivated them i will try to put them back into activity ...
As you use or have used, do these remote works well?
Thanking you in advance for this service
cordially
Christian
CHRISTIAN92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine