Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2016, 11:18   #1

Traducer cable mating with HDR 650

Hello,
I bought a boat which already had a depth sounder thru hull and with a depth sounder and a cable coming out of it. Sadly no face to it to actually read the depth.
Sadly when I left Canada, the only depth sounder I could find was a hummingbird HDR 650. My boat does not have a transome which is in the water and able to mount the depth sounder there. Also being a small boat not good spot to fiberglass in the depth sounder easier.
Now in Mexico heading across the south Pacific I was hoping to set this up, and thought maybe I mate the HDR 650 with the cable coming out of the thru hull.
The cable coming out of the thru hull has the label on it "airmar transducer cable #c144...c1225" and was wondering if anyone had any idea if this was even possible, and if so which cables connect.

Thanks,
andrew
ap.thoms is offline   Reply With Quote