Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2019, 18:46   #1

Tiller Pilot wonít power up

Looking for some help.
Iíve got a ray marine ST1000+ tiller pilot. Itís electrical source has good voltage as checked with a meter however it wonít power up when plugged in. Itís out of warranty so trying to avoid the $225 it will cost to send it in for a repair. Has anyone ever had this problem with their ray marine tiller pilot ? Hoping I can crack this thing open and make the repair myself.
FlyNavy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 20:23   #2
Certifiable Refitter/Senior Wannbe

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Tiller Pilot wonít power up

Have you checked the voltage with a meter while the ST1000+ is plugged in?

In the words, have you checked the voltage at the connector when the circuit is under load rather than open circuit?

You can simply connect a small light bulb (say 10 or 20 watts) to the deck connector and see if the lamp lights and measure it's voltage instead of trying to measure it with the ST1000+ plugged in.

If the voltage is OK when the unit is plugged in, you could try a software reset or you could pull the unit apart to see what is going on inside it (e.g. corrosion etc).

I used to have the keystroke combination for a software reset but right now I'm not sure where I stored the information. Although IIRC, I did find it on the web somewhere.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote