Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2011, 21:52   #1

Boat: Shin Fa 458 Custom Cutter but looks like a Liberty 458
Tides on Garmin Blue Charts Americas

Recently I had to enter a river channel down here in Mexico. I checked my Garmin 172C for tidal information to make sure I was entering at high tide. As an after thought, I checked the same information on my Nobeltec. While Nobeltec was right on the money, the information from Garmin was almost two hours off. I called Garmin and they said my firmware for my unit was outdated. I needed to upgrade it to version 3.10 and told me how to do it. After the install, my tidal info was still two hours off. I checked not only down here in Mexico but also up and down the coast of California. All stations were two hours off. The tech in customer support at Garmin even took a unit off one of the shelves and fired it up. His came back with the same info--two hours off.

I fired up a back up unit that was running version 2.0 and the tidal info was spot on. It appears to only be happening on later versions of their firmware.

Anyone out there using Blue Charts Americas version 2008.5 having the same problem?
mestrezat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts, garmin