Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 07-12-2015, 18:30   #1

Boat: 1984 Merit 25
Thru-Deck Fitting Set Screw

I have dropped the tiniest screw in the universe. It's the one that goes through the side of either half of the body of the fitting, that secures the plastic body of the terminal block to the stainless steel body of the fitting. It must be a 1mm, 2mm, #2 or #3 standard thread.

Does anyone know the size of this tiny stainless screw, and a source?

Otherwise, I'll have to either have to tap the hole to a 3mm, which I have, or order another new fitting.

I've been on my hands and knees in my shop with a flashlight and reading glasses, with no luck. Now I'm (un)screwed!
Aaarrgh is offline   Reply With Quote

crew, deck

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fitting thru hull to uneven hull zboss Construction, Maintenance & Refit 12 16-09-2013 06:54
Thru Deck Fitting for Solar Panel Cable Duke 48 Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar 6 22-07-2013 20:45
5/16th Square Head Set Screw familycruisers Engines and Propulsion Systems 0 16-02-2012 12:04
R-134a standard automotive fitting to 1/4 male fitting? msulc Plumbing Systems and Fixtures 14 07-06-2011 10:02
Proper Thru-Hull Fitting Size outdoor Construction, Maintenance & Refit 14 21-09-2009 11:09

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.