Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 20-03-2017, 21:31   #1

Boat: Nordhavn 43
Swapping out Simrad AP 26

I have a Simrad autopilot with an AC40 autopilot computer, an AP 26 control head, and an AP 27 wired remote control head. The plastic connectors on the rear of the AP 26 have disintegrated, and one of the Robnet jacks is damaged. I've procured a used AP 26 on eBay with pristine connectors, and intend to swap out the damaged unit with the "new" one. My question pertains to configuration and setup. Am I correct to assume that all of the parameters are stored in the AC40? Since I can run the autopilot with either control head, it seems logical that the actual installation-specific data is stored in the autopilot computer. I don't want to go through the entire installation sea trial. I just want to unplug the old one and install its replacement.

Tags
simrad

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On