Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2018, 17:16   #1

Boat: Helia 44, Fountaine Pajot
SUUNTO 95 Series repair / replacement

My SUUNTO 95 Series all of a sudden lost its pivot and started leaning on an angle. On inspection it was obvious that the fluid level had dropped. I took the compass out of the bulkhead and as I turned it, mineral oil started running out. I have scoured the web and spoken to SUUNTO customer help (useless) to repair or replace. I am based in Sydney - SUUNTO's advice was to send it to Hong Kong and they will provide quote to repair or replace (but could not give me any idea of cost or what the replacement model may be). SUUNTO's website does not even seem to have marine/sailboat compasses any longer ?? I have found a link to a possible repair organisation in USA but that seems a long shot from Australia. Can anyone give me advice on repairing my compass? I would also appreciate any advice as to a replacement compass - what do you recommend? of a similar size bulkhead mount. I'm on a 44ft Cat. Appreciated....
gezza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men