Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2012, 15:53   #1

Boat: Catalina 36 - 1987
Standard Horizon Wind Transducer

Have a 25 year old WS-1 wind speed and direction.
The display works, as does the direction. However, the anemometer has bound up and no amount of solvent, lube, spinning by hand, talking to it, etc. has freed it up. It appears to be a one piece press together unit, so repair does not seem feasible.
Standard Horizon no longer supports this unit.
Am hoping to find a replacement masthead transducer.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
JackHeaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 05:38   #2

Re: Standard Horizon Wind Transducer

I found your post on this forum, and was wondering if you ever found the WS-1 parts you are looking for. I've been helping a friend clean out things after her husband died, and came across one of these, still in what I think is part of the original box. I am not a sailor, so forgive me if the terminology is wrong. In the box is the gauge itself, the annometer, and a coil of cable that does not appear to connect with either part, and might not be related to this unit. I looks like coax cable with a locking end on it. Anyway, given these are so out of date, I don't expect there is much market for them. I was going to put it up on Ebay with some of the other ancient stuff I've been cleaning out of her basement, but saw your post and figured I'd see if you were interested first. If you are, email me back and I'll send you some pictures.
Springbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 07:14   #3

Boat: Hunter Vision 32 - S/V Nepenthe
Re: Standard Horizon Wind Transducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
I found your post on this forum, and was wondering if you ever found the WS-1 parts you are looking for. I've been helping a friend clean out things after her husband died, and came across one of these, still in what I think is part of the original box. I am not a sailor, so forgive me if the terminology is wrong. In the box is the gauge itself, the annometer, and a coil of cable that does not appear to connect with either part, and might not be related to this unit. I looks like coax cable with a locking end on it. Anyway, given these are so out of date, I don't expect there is much market for them. I was going to put it up on Ebay with some of the other ancient stuff I've been cleaning out of her basement, but saw your post and figured I'd see if you were interested first. If you are, email me back and I'll send you some pictures.

Springbank .... I'd be interested in this if the original poster hasn't grabbed it yet ... you can email me at ronrelyea at optonline.net ... thanks!
ronrelyea is offline   Reply With Quote