Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 13-10-2016, 03:23   #1

Boat: Dufour 45 Classic
ST7000 Factory Reset - HOW TO?

I am in the Canaries and about to cross the Atlantic but my chief mate is frustrated and threatening to abandon ship due to the constant high pitched sound of the WATCH ALARM going off every 4 minutes. Me being an old bulldozer driver, shearer and hunter can not hear it and so it doesn't bother me. I use a 20 minute egg timer type watch alarm with a very loud ringer so the chances of sleeping through is minimal. How can I reset the ST7000 to factory settings to kill the damned thing from WATCH ALARM. I do not need to hear that I should keep it going because of safety concerns because it is ineffectual. Ted
TedElixirNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 08:43   #2

Boat: Gib'Sea 402
Re: ST7000 Factory Reset - HOW TO?

I suspect you already know how Watch Alarm works but this is an extract from the Service Manual:-

Watch Alarm (not available in Standby)
• Engage the Autopilot in Auto Track Windvane mode.
• To select Watch alarm push Display repeatedly until Watch appears.
The 4 minute timer is now running:-
— After 3 minutes 'Watch' flashes on all control units.
— After 4 minutes the alarm sounds on all control units.
• Push Auto at any time to reset the timer to 4 minutes and silence the alarm.
• To cancel the Watch alarm at any time push Display.

And here is another extract from the Service Manual:-

6.2 Permanent Watch Alarm Mode.
The ST7000 autopilot can be set up in a permanent watch alarm mode, as required by the Sea Fish Industry Authority (S.F.l.A).
It must be stressed that the selection of this mode is permanent and can only be reversed by returning the Course Computer to Nautech.
Permanent Watch Alarm is achieved by first entering the calibration menu. Once in calibration, regardless of display message, press the Auto, Standby, and Track keys together for 1 second before releasing. The display will now show ‘SELECT WATCH’.
The user now has 10 seconds to select permanent watch alarm mode by again pressing Auto, Standby and Track together for 1 second. The display will then show ‘WATCH ON’ for 10 seconds before reverting back to ‘CAL’. A normal exit from calibration mode must now be executed.

If PWAM is set then it appears your course computer will have to go back to Raymarine as you can't reset it yourself.
hoolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 09:03   #3

Boat: Dufour 45 Classic
Re: ST7000 Factory Reset - HOW TO?

Thanks Hoolie, however we are both on the same track but I refuse to believe that there is not another way to deaden the WATCH ALARM without having to send it back to Raymarie who will not fix it now anyway. I don't feel like buying a new autopilot just to kill the Watch Alarm. Cheers Ted
TedElixirNZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: