Mine broke also. It flipped between 0.0 and ---- . After reading the Raymarine forums
, and Googling for answers, it took me several trips up the mast to finally get it sorted out...corrosion inside the masthead connection. I ohmed out all the connections from the gauge to the mast base, then went up the mast with a bent paperclip and shouted directions to my wife down below how to read between two wires
...I didn't really see any problems. Before I dropped the money
on a new transducer (the likely culprit), I saw a post on another forum where someone posted a similar problem and used a Radio
Shack connection cleaner called DeOxIT Gold to solve their problem.
It took a couple more trips up the mast to spray/soak/wait/spray/wait/connect/spray according to the directions (and use a toothbrush for good measure), but I'm happy to report that my wind gauge reads correctly now. I finally put the connection back together with marine/dielectric grease and it has been working fine since.
My handheld ICOM
Command Mic also now makes a better connection after using the DeOxIT...I used to have to be careful about how much tension I could put on the cord when making a call...
Probably other snake oil/connection cleaners out there, but this one worked for me. As a matter of fact, this afternoon, I brought my truck transmission
temperature gauge back to life with this connection cleaner.