Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09   #1
CHM

Boat: Beneteau Moorings 432
Speed Log Upgrade to Speed / Temp / Depth

I currently have a functional Datamarine (old) depth sounder which works fine, but the speed log is shot both at the through hull (metal wheel) and display (an old Datamarine Corinthian). I am in the process of upgrading to an integrated Raymarine E series system and have a through hull for speed, temp, an depth to connect to a DSM300 module (Seatalk). This through hull will replace the old speed log through hull which is next to the Datamarine sounder through hull. My question: Will having the old Datamarine sounder close to the new Raymarine sounder confound the depth data? I would like to have both systems operational as redundancy is not a bad thing, and I do not want to put another hole in the boat. Thanks
CHM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
depth