Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-02-2017, 07:40   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cabo Rico 34
SCS PTC IIex connection to a SEA 322 SEAbuss

Need an individual that has connected the SCS PTC IIex to the SEA 322 HF radio.Which SEAbuss connection did one use? Yes I have the PDF file but doesn't explain which connection, i.e.,P1, P2,P3 or P4 along with opening the SEAbuss procedure..

The SEA operators manual doesn't explain the procedure in detail other than contact SEA Intetnational..

Thanks
AA3JY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 21:58   #2

Boat: Riva 48
Re: SCS PTC IIex connection to a SEA 322 SEAbuss

I have the SEA 235 radio (mine is slightly newer and microprocessor controlled but it should be similar to yours). In my case, I have the P1 connector (which is used for the remote head), also labeled the SEABUSS connector. You connect a remote head to this.

The P2 connector is a serial port looking connection but the pinout is different. You can attach a serial cable to this that you connect to you computer. Make sure you can the serial cable and only connect pins 2,3,5 which stand for data in, data out and ground. You can use the serial connection to set the frequency automatically. Airmail supports the SEA 235 natively, check to sea if it would work with the SEA 322, it may or may not.

The P3 connector has many connections. Find the PTT, GND, LLAF and TXAF. You connect the PTT to the Pactor PTT (this is push to talk), GND to Pactor ground, LLAF is your received audio, TXAF is your transmit radio. The Pactor model will drive the radio but will not set the frequency. You need to this on the PC side. I hope it helps. PM if you want to brainstorm.
Pizzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 23:51   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cabo Rico 34
Re: SCS PTC IIex connection to a SEA 322 SEAbuss

Instead of using the connections at the Transceiver location..what about access to possible connections on the rear of the control head?
AA3JY is offline   Reply With Quote