We've got a 1982 O'Day 25 that we are refitting, repairing, replacing parts
on. We've got the mast
down right now, so I figured it's a better time than ever to get a wind
transducer, since whatever was there prior was never when we got the boat. Likewise, I examined our displays and wiring
and found that, despite previous assumptions, they actually work and just needed some coaxing. We have two Raymarine
ST40 displays, so I ordered a new Rotavecta Wind
Transducer that I will be installing this weekend. After pulling out our speedo, lubricating it, and seeing it work, I decided it's best to keep our current
indicators and displays. I also discovered that we have a digital compass
that is not hooked up to anything.
We plan on doing cruising in Long Island Sound
and Lower New York
Bay, as we did last year.
Here is my schematic of our current
- Raymarin1e ST40 Wind
- Raymarine ST40 Speed
- Signet Scientific Depth Finder MK172.4
My questions are are:
- Speed and Water Temp Transducer
- New Raymarine Rotavecta Wind Transducer (just ordered, to be installed this weekend)
- 200kHz Depth Transducer
- Si-Tex Marine Electric Digital Compass Sensor DC-4008 (not hooked up to anything)
- To get the speed data to the wind display to we can show the true wind speed, I need a Seatalk1 junction box, with cables running to both ST40 displays and one to the electrical panel. Is this correct? This Raymarine ST40 Interconnect Kit from Defender is all I need, is this correct? I've seen this diagram in the manual PDF I tracked down, does this mean I need two junctions instead of one?
- We have an electronic compass we are not using, is there something we should connect it to?
- Above is the list of our equipment, we currently use Navionics and other apps on phones and tablets to navigate. What display do you think would be a logical next purchase?
- Would it make any sense for us to buy a GPS Receiver Antenna?
- Is there any way to use the current sensors we have to send the data over Bluetooth to Bluetooth devices without having to replace our current displays? If yes, how?