Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2015, 22:25   #1

Raymarine system integration (adding radar)

I am trying to add radar to an existing Raymarine boat (c90w w/ auto pilot, wind, sounder/speed thru water and wireless remote).

The only other twist (non-Raymarine system) is a standard horizon matrix VHF I've managed to hack into the chart plotter, which now successfully displays AIS targets.

Ideally, I would have liked to add a navico broadband radar, but it seems to price out at about $500 more than adding a Raymarine digital 4kw radar and wifi capable inside chart plotter (for a navico solution I would have to add a non-Raymarine chart plotter and a gofree wifi-1 module... Then I get the privilege of buying two sets of cartography, plus figuring out how to hack the VHF AIS feed into both incompatible chart plotters and strap an iPad to the outside chart plotter when I need radar)

So, my big question, outside of anyone that might have an innovative solution for integrating the navico 4g broadband radar into a predominantly Raymarine solution, is what Raymarine chart plotter should I add to get iPad functionality operational?

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
keelsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, radar, raymarine