Hi Fellow Cruisers,
I have come to realize that the Raymarine
ST 7001 is a discontinued product and the the display unit can no longer be purchased. Being now a catamaran
sailor, the problem seems to have someho doubled, in the sense that the ps unit is reading our on a badly sunburned display, but is unable to get any reaction when touching any of the buttons. The sb unit is working but the display is severly "sunburned", i.e; very hard to read the status.
My concern is that this unit will also soon fail
I have asked Cactus marine
in The UK, but thay say is's discontinued model (and evenso is the 8001), so they can not offer me a replacement solution.
1) Is it possible to purchase
and replace only the LCD and Electronics
2) If yes to number 1, then - where can this be purchased?
3) Would anyone have had a similar problem and fixed it? If so, then how?(Gues this should actually have been question number one...
4) Doeas anyone know of a solution for replacing those two head
units? (8001 or other system that will interface properly)?
5) Any other ideas that will help me avoid aving to hand steer for a while?