Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 19:17   #16

Boat: FP Athena 38 - Breakaway
Re: Raymarine C80 - Radar Solutions

no problem. it is a new to me boat, and i know enough jsut to be dangerous. IF you rely on me to tell you how it is all integrated, we will both be lsot, but if you relatively know the ins and outs of how the componts should be tied togheter, then i have a working system for you to look at. I have access to the backsides of all teh componts too,
so we can map it all out. I know the rader is RM, not sure of the ais or depth. If it benefits you, come on down. I am live aboard and around most of the time.

Brian
408-499-8513
mtnsapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:53   #17

mtnsapo: see pm....thanks
Chuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 07:54   #18

Bias Boating (Bias Boating Pty Ltd) in there latest catalogue quote Au $ 1395 for a RD218, the local agent a just sold 4 of them recently and believe some are still available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluijten View Post
I've noticed lately that several of the Cx0 units are failing because of display problems (vertical stripes in display).
The local agent and repairer or I, have not seen one them with that type of problem yet.
chala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 05:50   #19

Just a general question, I've searched quite a bit and can't seem to find any older, plain vanilla s/h radars anywhere for sale. Only newish (under 5 yo) stuff and way outside our budget. I'd like a plain, vanilla, not integrated to anything else, monochrome radar for a yacht. Don't care if it's old, don't care if it's CRT, as long as it's complete and either a) works or b) is repairable and c) Cheap. ~$500 would be good, less if I have to repair it or replace the mag or whatever.

Nothing on Ebay in oz except dealers with new stuff at $1000+ prices.

Not a whole lot in the US or elsewhere either which kinda surprises me, but freight would be a killer anywya and the few US ones on offer seem determined not to ship here.

We don't have a 'local' dealer in s/h marine electronics, wondering where to look but seems to be very little around.

I'm in South Australia but anywhere in Oz would do.

Any suggestions?

AussieGeoff
AussieGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 06:01   #20

Boat: Victoire 1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGeoff View Post

Any suggestions?

AussieGeoff
Try to get hold of an Furuno 1622 or 1623. Great piece of kit. As they are not integrated and cannot be integrated as well they come up occasionally on 2nd Hand sites.

I've had a 1622 on my previous boat and it worked excellent. Simple, no thrills radar with a nice compact dome.
aluijten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 07:34   #21

I'll keep an eye out for those, thanks.

My main issue is that there appear to be virtually no s/h systems on offer on the net. I'm not sure if this is a temporary hiatus or they simply get sold via others means. Given the new systems coming on line (FMCW aka Broadband for instance) and the almost constant rush for people to update their marine electronics, there must be an absolue boatload of older radar systems kicking around somewhere. I just wish I knew where it was!

AussieGeoff
AussieGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 02:39   #22

Boat: Victoire 1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGeoff View Post
My main issue is that there appear to be virtually no s/h systems on offer on the net.
AussieGeoff
Don't forget that on our side of the globe the boating season is going on, most people replace this stuff ouside the season. So for E-Bay and the likes you would stand a better chance in a few months time simply because there are more boats (yachts) on the northern hemisphere.
The again I'm not sure how practical it is to buy s/h from so far away from where you are situated.
aluijten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radar, raymarine