Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 07:34   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400
Raymarine C 80 Update Problem

I just bought a boat with all Raymarine electronics, it has a C 80 chartplotter, radar, autopilot and depth finder all profesionally intalled and working. The problem I am having is the guy I bought the boat from wanted the maps and did not sell his maps with the boat, so I bought a CF/1XG map card from Navionics. This chip has alll of the USA and northern Bahamas on it. The C 80 loads the maps but if I do anything like zoom in or try to get information off the map the unit freeks out and shuts down, so I have to go through the start up again. Quite frustrating. I have been to the Raymarine web site and see that there is an update that may fix my problem, I have gone through the steps to down load the update but after reading the fine print, I see that I need a low capasity 64mb to 128 mb CF card to down load it on to. On top of that they recomend I only use a sandisc CF card, which there are none to be found anywhere. I am wondering if some one out there has a CF card with the current update that they would let me use, I am happy to pay for the trouble of sending it to me, and I will gladly send it right back. Or if someone out there has had simular problems and has a fix I would be very greatful for that information.
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:48   #2

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
Re: Raymarine C 80 update problem

I had the same problem with trying to find a CF card that Raymarine specified. In the end I did not update the software. I think I'm running on v2 (2004) or something like that. Raymarine will lend you a CF card with all the updates (just pay shipping). At least they offered to do that for me a while back. Most techs that work on Raymarine stuff have all the updates so your local Raymarine guy can fix it. They offered to update mine when they came for a service call but did not have a blank CF card to download all my waypoints (hundreds) so I passed on that.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:01   #3

Re: Raymarine C 80 update problem

A friendly warning to Vasco, I also had a Lawrance chartplotter with hundreds of waypoints, at least until it quite. I would give a lot to have them back but they are lost forever. If you value your waypoints like I did I would go through the trouble of getting them backed up.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:14   #4

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
Re: Raymarine C 80 Update Problem

Rocketman,

If the Raymarine plotter quits I'll get another plotter that does not take Navionics charts so I'll have to start all over anyway. The Navionics chip of the Bahamas is the worst of all Bahamas electronic charts. Rife with bad errors.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:19   #5

Re: Raymarine C 80 Update Problem

Thanks for the advise Vasco, I too am not very happy with the Navionic's charts. I plan on calling Raymarine to see if they will send me an update. Again, Thank You.

Tags
raymarine