Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 05:56   #1

Boat: 82 Present, 13 ft dinghy
Radar, GPS & Antenna Mast

I have a power boat with a fly bridge, aquired in OCT. I need a mast for my antennas. FM and AIS could be mounted elsewhere as I suppose could be the GPS but that leaves my brand spankin' new Garmin 18HD looking for a home.

I have thought about aluminum pipe, salvaged sailboat mast, stainless pipe, an arch and my latest brain fart; PVC. As you can guess, I have been spending money on this rig like a drunk sailor on leave in Singapore, so $ are a real concern. I am not broke, yet, but getting there fast, after new shafting, prop, bottom,new air conditioner, natures head, hull compound and wax, the Garmin electronics suite, the account is feeling the strain. I now feel the PO's pain, he put in a reman 5.7 Cummins, a new NextGen 3.5 and sold for the price of the improvements over the last 36 months.

I have a 36" corner rail that can be used as support at 45's (degrees) about 4 feet up on the mast on the starboard rear corner of the fly. I have, (want) to get above the canvas on the fly so 8- 8 1/2 feet off the fly deck is the objective. Tabernacle or hinged mast would be nice but I can live without it, I guess.

OK, help, all all ideas will be put under due consideration with special attention to ideas sumitted by those that have plowded this ground before. In advance...Thank You.

Tags
antenna, mast, radar