Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-07-2014, 18:57   #1

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45DS
Problem with Raymarine AP T-150 and Gyroplus 2

Hello,

I'm a bit desperate with this Autopilot, it does not seem to behave as it should.

To explain the problem I think I should at least bring some information on the system itself. I have these connected together :

1- Core computer T-150 (non gyro) (it's a year 2002 model)
2- ST6001+ (control head)
3- Gyroplus 2
4- Raymarine Fluxgate
5- RLC70C
6- ST60 Instrument
7- MFD E90W

Everything seems to be integrated together, I say seems as there is something that I find that does not look OK to me. Basically without the Gyroplus2 the AP should behave normally as a non-gyro AP and once the Gyroplus is connected following the manufacturer's instruction I should be upgraded to a T-150G course computer with all the bells and whistle. Heuummm... NO !!! I cannot have the Autolearn menu, the response level have not changed either so I guess that there is something wrong.

Also in the documentation it says to only bring 12v power in the Gyroplus and then connect the gyro output of the gyroplus2 to the gyro input of the AP course computer, which I did. But nothing worked, I did power it through Seatalk instead and now I get a weird behavior on the MFD have multiple heading which make the screen go numb. So still no luck...

I have no idea what is going wrong here and what can cause the problem. I guessed it was the fluxgate, but found technical information coming from Raymarine on how to troubleshoot the fluxgate which I did and ruled out the fluxgate as it behave correctly and the multimeter showed no sign of degradation all were in the accepted measure range.

After 12 years of loyal service I'm guessing that the AP is starting to act weirdly but I want to make sure it's not a stupidity of my own and a configuration or something else before I remove it from the boat.

I bought the boat 2.5 years ago and have had problem with it, it keeps course only when I set it to the highest level of response in this case 3. But in rough seas and we navigate on lake so rough seas is max 5 or 6 feets at approx. interval of 6 seconds it does not keep up. The AP needs to do too much to keep it's course sometimes loosing is course to more then 45° to then decide to bring it back.

So my question is what does the expert think of that ? Should I continue investigating or should I think of changing for the EVO-200? My linear drive seems in really good condition, no apparent damage and has never failed while in auto only the heading was off...

Thanks in advance for all your comments.

Mathieu
sunodyssey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, raymarine