Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-08-2017, 06:18   #1

Boat: "Wanderlust" -- 1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52'
Problem logging into RedPort Extender and Optimizer

Morning all,

Yesterday, I helped a buddy install RedPort's wifi range Extender and Optimizer. Once it was all powered up, we connected to the wifi signal from the Optimizer and entered 192.168.10.1 into the web browser. Instead of being prompted for the admin name and password, we were taken straight to the configuration page. We have been unable to log in as an administrator in order to change the SSID name and set a password. After hours support is only available from RedPort by email. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Here are the steps we took and the results:

We have installed the Extender. The lights on the Extender, from bottom to top, the bottom blue power light is solid, the bi-directional arrow light is lit solid, and the next four signal strength lights are two red and two green but those four are slowly flashing.

The ethernet cable is plugged into the LAN port of the Optimizer.

The power light on the Optimizer is on, the LAN light is lit and flashing, and the WLAN is lit and solid.

The Windows laptop is connected to the wxa-122 network.

The browser is pointed to 192.168.10.1.

Instead of getting a log in screen, the browser is immediately routed to http://192.168.10.177/cgi-bin/luci/a...work/wireless/. It allows scanning of available networks but does not present the Wifi Extender Setup screen.

We were able to scan for networks and join one. On the network password screen, it said the new network name would be WWAN and it would not let us change that. After saving and applying the settings, it returned to the configuration screen and updated to shows that the Interface Live Status shows that Http, Wifi, and DNS are all active. However, there is no WWAN network being generated (and we would want to change that, anyway).

We’re doing something wrong in not being able to login to the configuration screen in order to set it up properly.
MV Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 06:14   #2

Boat: Lagoon 380
Re: Problem logging into RedPort Extender and Optimizer

I know this post is a bit old, but I came across it when troubleshooting the same problem.

The Redport Optomizer requires, with Windows platforms, adjusting Proxy setup in your computer's settings (and for any Windows device which will be connecting to the Optomizer) "Automatically detect settings" to be toggled off. The default in Windows is for this setting to be on.

There should be no need to adjust these settings on an IOS or Android device as they, by default, should be off.

As long as you are not using your device on a corporate network, this setting change should not cause issues for you if you take your portable Windows device elsewhere to another network.

We figured this out by contacting the manufacturer's technical support, who were extremely helpful, and who also informed us that they hope to correct this issue in the device's firmware in the future.
SVWalksonWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:57   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 43 DS
Re: Problem logging into RedPort Extender and Optimizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVWalksonWater View Post
I know this post is a bit old, but I came across it when troubleshooting the same problem.

The Redport Optomizer requires, with Windows platforms, adjusting Proxy setup in your computer's settings (and for any Windows device which will be connecting to the Optomizer) "Automatically detect settings" to be toggled off. The default in Windows is for this setting to be on.

There should be no need to adjust these settings on an IOS or Android device as they, by default, should be off.

As long as you are not using your device on a corporate network, this setting change should not cause issues for you if you take your portable Windows device elsewhere to another network.

We figured this out by contacting the manufacturer's technical support, who were extremely helpful, and who also informed us that they hope to correct this issue in the device's firmware in the future.

Thanks for this post. I installed their new RedPort Halo Pro and it worked great on my computer but not on the admirals. Bad news. I tried everything with no luck. The admiral actually found your post and tried it and now it works.
MickMeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tender