Originally Posted by sded
1) Restore the USG vector chart capability. In fact, build a capability like CE has to automatically maintain the current
editions of both the raster and vector charts.
2) Reinstitute the Nobeltec Users forum
3) Make sure that Windows version compatibility is maintained
4) Fix the many bugs instead of building more gee-whiz crap. Don't any of them actually navigate a boat with it?
1) Since our rendering of S57 data was based on our Passport rendering engine
, and Passport data has been eliminated in the v10 line of products, it's unlikely that it will be added back in as it would be a huge amount of effort to put it back at this point. That being said, don't rule
it out for future releases. Without talking about future product offerings, something I'll never do here or in any open forum, we hear you, and many like you, about the importance of S57 rendering.
2) High on the list of priorities. We're actively looking at ways to create a better "self-serve" support experience including use of a Customer Forum, Customer submitted support case logging/self tracking, actual searchable knowledge base, and some other cool stuff. Being the Manager of this group, I hold this one close to heart and am actively working on it.
3) Windows version compatibility is a tricky one. Anyone that says they are OS compatible before or on the day of a release of a particular OS doesn't have to deal with things like 3rd party drivers or any external dependencies. We do. Having to wait (while at the same time applying necessary pressure) for 3rd party vendors to update their software
so that we can "officially" release ours is just one of the caveats of utilizing these pieces that make our apps what they are.
4) In fact our most recent release, 10.7, was nothing but a long list of bug fixes. No real new "features" were implemented to speak of. This was a long time coming and hopefully alleviates a large majority of the calls/emails that come into our Tech Support team. Is NNS perfect at this point? Nope, but we'll continue to improve the quality of the products we produce, at least as long as I am the Manager of the group in charge of Quality.
Originally Posted by sded
And I couldn't do it easily now anyway because their credit card processing is also broken according to their website.:
Another symptom of transferring ownership
. Back-end systems being swapped around, web sites moving, new financial systems, etc, etc. A not so interesting side of the business that necessitated the web site being temporarily crippled while our web team gets things in place. Don't worry, this is only temporary and our Sales staff is more than able to take orders via phone