Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 19:20   #1

Boat: CS 40
Nexus Autopilot Instrument

Our instrument no longer responds to buttons being pressed. It displays everything correctly and the autopilot responds to my Nexus Chartplotter mounted below, but I'd like to control it from the helm. Any suggestions as to what may be wrong? I've checked connections carefully and reinitialzed the Nexus network several times.

Is there another way to control the autopilot through NMEA? I have a Lowrance HDS Chartplotter at the helm as well.

Thanks.
mikefossl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 01:39   #2

Re: Nexus Autopilot Instrument

[QUOTE=mikefossl;1207822]Our instrument no longer responds to buttons being pressed. It displays everything correctly and the autopilot responds to my Nexus Chartplotter mounted below, but I'd like to control it from the helm. Any suggestions as to what may be wrong? I've checked connections carefully and reinitialzed the Nexus network several times.

Is there another way to control the autopilot through NMEA? I have a Lowrance HDS Chartplotter at the helm as well.

Thanks.[/Hi, I have exactly the same problem and I'd alos like to control the autonav directly but don't know how, I opened up the unit and found water inside, the pcb where the buttons are is completely corroded, I want to replace the unit but don't know whether the nx2 unit is compatible with the old nexus classic line unit. The autonav A1510 has served me well over 10 years and have done 2 solo atlantic crossings with it, anybody know where i can get a replacement unit ? The nx2 unit retails at Us700, before imprt tax, which is skyhigh for us in south africa, mike.a.friedrich@gmail.com]
Waggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 03:22   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Waggis.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 08:33   #4

Boat: CS 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggis View Post
I want to replace the unit but don't know whether the nx2 unit is compatible with the old nexus classic line unit. mike.a.friedrich@gmail.com]
I did buy an Nexus NX2 Autopilot display and it works perfectly with the old Nexus Classic autopilot.
mikefossl is offline   Reply With Quote