Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-11-2014, 23:10   #1

Nera Fleet 33 and MaxSea on different systems

I am seeking advice from anyone who for years has used a Fleet 33 cruising the World picking up weather gribs. I recently purchased Maxsea Time Zero, which I find to be a goos nag tool. However to run that, one needs an updated computer and they come at 64bits running Windows 8.1. Catch 22 the Nera Fleet 33 doesn't talk to that set up, it's like me, still great but bit old! Can I use a combination of one old and one new computer and transfer the grubs/ is there a way of making the Fleet 33 talk to a new computer by running and old system or is it the speed
Has anyone found a way around this? Best John Woodruff
Fantazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 16:33   #2

Re: Nera Fleet 33 and MaxSea on different systems

Finally an answer for Nera Fleet 33 owners.
The boundless numbers of online and in person experts who tell you that the Nera Fleet 33 is “no longer supported” and that it wont work with anything after Windows XP or with a 64 bit machine have finally been proven wrong by sheer determination for a simple solution. The problem lies in the fact that the old (but hugely reliable) Nera Fleet phones have been brought out several times by different companies. They are a serial port device that has a USB output as well, and the serial port to USB software in the box will not react, or update with/to any new computer programme, simply because (catch 22) it can’t see it through the USB! Simple solution use the serial com. port via a cable that goes from serial cable outlet to USB and then proceed as normal.
Thought your guys might like to know
Fantazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 00:27   #3

Re: Nera Fleet 33 and MaxSea on different systems

Only certain serial to USB work with windows 8. But sone do
smac999 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
maxsea