Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-06-2014, 12:11   #1

Boat: Columbia 50
need to borrow a nmea2000 to USB bridge, NYC area

I have a PB200 Ultrasonic windvane atop the mast which is only sending basic device information to my Raymarine E7.

For the first week I had the setup, it worked peachy - I was short a connector, and just had the nmea2000 wires spliced to check functionality.

Once I put a proper connector on my wiring, I no longer receive wind and environmental data, although the PB200 does show up as a connected device. I may have accidentally reset the PB200 by jumping a couple of leads when putting on the final connector.

ANyway, I need a bridge to connect to the PB200 via computer and weathercaster software to check functionality and possibly set the PB200 to output what I need.

I'd rather not lay out $225 for a bridge I don't really need, as I don't intend to use a laptop for navigation.

If someone can lend me one for a day or so, I would be incredible grateful. The boat is moored at Nyack, NY - this could even be a drive-by if you're local, otherwise I'm happy to do 2 way shipping

Waiting in hopeful anticipation,

Matt
mlydon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nmea, nyc