Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 24-02-2015, 11:48   #1

Need help with Lowrance unlock code

I had some trouble with our Lowrance HDS-8 a few months ago. When I called tech support they wouldn't talk to me until I had installed the latest software upgrade (which I did, and the minor problem was resolved). However, I have since learned that by doing so, I now have a geofence embedded in my unit (that I definitely did not have before). We are about to leave for New Zealand and if I had known this would happen, I would never have introduced the update. I even tried to do a downgrade, but I can no longer find the older software on the Lowrance website. Any ideas would be appreciated!
NArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 13:24   #2

Boat: Trailerable Powerboat
Re: Need help with Lowrance unlock code

I believe the use of an HDS device bought in North America and then carried outside the geo-fence will just be a matter of annoyance more than an impairment. Selection of units remains locked in English or non-Metric units, and some sort of nagging reminder appears on screen.

I think you are asking for advice or assistant or some method to avoid paying the fee for the unlocking code that would remove the geo-fence limitation on the HDS. As far as I know, you have to purchase this code from Lowrance. I don't know if it would be considered a crime to overcome this restriction by some crafty method, but it does seems a bit of a gray area.
continuouswave is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: