Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2015, 06:15   #1

Boat: Tayana FD-12
need help with JRC1000 wire colors

I need help mapping wire colors for the CQF8768 cable. I have a splice at the base of the mast.
For some reason my original JRC1000 cable from display unit to scanner came with two sets of green, white and yellow wires. Each par had a smaller and a larger wire. Smaller and larger Green, smaller and larger white and smaller and larger yellow. This was not consistent with owners manual, picture below that shows T.RED, T.ORN, and T.BLU.
I discovered this when I made a splice at the base of the mast to accommodate un-stepping and stepping of the mast without the need to pull the cable through the pedestal etc.
Since then I had replaced portion of the cable from the mast to pedestal display unit with a new cable that had correct color coding per picture below. I kept the color mapping of the three wires whose colors don't match. Things were working fine.
This year I unstopped the mast and I seemed to have lost the color mapping for three heavier gauge wires. I am assuming those were the 1A, 2A and 12V wires and correspond to T.RED, T.BLUE and T.ORN. I need a way to match that up again. I sent JRC america support email.
My other plan is to go to consignments stores and see if there is a JRC 1000 or 1500 for sale. I could buzz out the pins provided cable colors are like mine. Other than that, I am not sure what else i could do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cable.png
Views:	189
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	101935  
phorvati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:37   #2

Re: need help with JRC1000 wire colors

Hy, you could seach a installation manual, or to measure the cables (continuity), link two wires(pairs) and make combinations, then identifying what cables are (you have to follow the diagram). Note the cables.

Be careful to not made confusion there, to avoid the damage of the radar.

Best regards!
cuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2015, 08:38   #3

Boat: Tayana FD-12
Re: need help with JRC1000 wire colors

Good folks over at JRC forwarded the mapping. T. stands for thick. and my radar is back and working. here is the snapshot of the mapping for anyone else that is in the same predicament (chances are i might be again). although i plan to take the splice away and put the connectors 656-SRCN6A1610S, and 656-SRCN1A1610P. Mouser has them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cable.png
Views:	237
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	102018  
phorvati is offline   Reply With Quote