Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2018, 10:18   #1

Melted Log Transducer

Hi. I have a C&C 44 with a Nexus Classic Log, Depth and Wind package. About mid summer something happened following a thunderstorm I cant quite figure out. My Log and Depth instruments stopped working. Tried pulling them but they would not budge. Whe I pulled the boat for the winter I thought my log was encrusted with barnacles however on closer inspection I realized the the impellor had melted. My first thought was a lightning strike however everthing else still works. My question is - On a 12 volt system what would cause a surge powerful enough to Melt the Log Transducer Impellor under water with out blowing the wiring insulation off as well.
Macruairidh is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off