Yes, I saw that there was only one comm port in the installation
guide for the 5 and 7-series, but I downloaded the specific operating manual for the HDS5 and it describes it as two comm ports like above and shows how to set them up like that.
If you really do only have a single
422 port, then my best guess would be:
1. set the 2150 to 38400
2. Connect the 2150 blue wire to the HDS yellow wire. Connect the 2150 Brown wire to the HDS orange wire. Connect the 2150 green wire to both the blue and green wires on the HDS. Leave the 2150 gray wire and the HDS shield wire disconnected.
3. set the networking to NMEA0183
4. set the serial settings to 422 and 38400 baud
5. select the RMC/RMB output sentence
6. select display all vessels
You will be left without DSC
capabilities on the chartplotter
, but it will still work on the radio