Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 22:33   #1
TOM

Boat: Footloose 40 steel cutter

We are currently in Jayapura {Irian Jaya} after cruising P..N.G. and the Trobiand islands .If any of you are looking for the most Paradisacal ,unspoilt cruising grounds on the planet this is it!. My poblem concerns my H.F. Radio a SEA 222 AUS connected to a Pactor PTC 11 E Modem.The keypad has stoped working and is shorting out .I have tried to get it fixed here but unsuccesful ,nobody speaks english and my Indonesian is poor.

I know there are a few members on here who own these sets and was wondering if anyone had the same problem. I have googled Datamarine but not finding any info on the sea 222 . Are new keypads available ? and if so can they be installed without a technician.

Would appreciate any help.We are feeling a bit naked without our H.F.

Our Journey Around The Globe on the Good Ship Byamee
TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:13   #2

Boat: Steel trawler 63' Eileen Farrell
You may have to go to Manado to get some help, wonderful diving and snorkeling, but why would you ever leave Irian Jaya?
Stop off at the Banda Islands if you get the chance, read up on the history. It was the original source of nutmeg during the plague years in Europe when they thought it was a cure.
lorenzo b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 14:26   #3

Iv'e replaced a few of these keypads in the past but as far as I know, they are no longer available. The last couple that I have done, I used a keypad that I got from Jameco that I had to modify a bit by printing new labels for some of the keys. The OEM keypad has a self-stick backing on it and includes the whole front face including the window for the display, the volume label and the trans label and red lense for the led. I simply cut out the section where the keypad is, painted it gray, and installed the new keypad. Works great and doesn't look half bad.

Eric

fairbank56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hf radio, radio