Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2018, 09:00   #106

Boat: Mirage,schmit,27'
Re: IPad for Navigation FAQ 2018

https://www.cruisingworld.com/wild-coast-quebec

copaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 09:23   #107

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

I have used iPad Air and iPad Pro in an intensive commercial aviation environment. I can verify the overheating issue.. You must shade either unit from direct sun. iPad Pro is operationally Superior to any of the older units.. Regarding GPS performance I am sorry to report that all the units I used suffered random loss of GPS lock. The issue rendered a very useful tool useless more than half the time. Most users who must have continuous GPS tracking resort to an external GPS puck. Note.. The GPS lock issue results in loss of position data not erroneous position solutions. Past studies have shown that the issue stems from signal attenuation related to the aluminum iPad case. Certainly you can use iPad for charts, weather and communication just be aware that it has limits that are more restrictive than other tablets due to its construction.

IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 10:14   #108

Boat: 1979 Islander 36

Folks keep complaining that they will not use the program because they have to pay for the free NOAA charts. You do not have to pay for the free NOAA charts. Go to the charts section and choose which free charts you want. I no longer use the free charts, but I use the other charts for US, Canada, Caribbean, New Zealand, etc. But for folks who say they won’t use the program because they want free NOAA charts, I say then download the free NOAA charts.
macman4190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 10:18   #109

Boat: 1979 Islander 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by copaco View Post
Fugawi refered me to Navionics but now I see I could have chosen other charts.You must delete your expired iNavX .When I did that, the new ones I just paid for deleted also.Now I must wait until tuesday to have answer from Fugawi.It was very easy last year????

You might find it easier to manage your charts directly from the app. Select Charts. Then you can see your charts, or browse charts in the store. You can also select My Charts and download your charts again, as long as the app is logged in to your Xtraverse/Fugawi account.
macman4190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 04:48   #110

I suceeded this morning by disconnecting router.I should have deleted old version iNavX app before puchasing new version.
Old 20-05-2018, 13:21   #111

Holiday in Canada, so I won't have answers until tuesday.All went fine ,then I lost navigation info:aids,soundings.Only vessel icône showed.Then lost that also.
Now iNavX logo fills full screen and loading circle rotates and does not stop.Once screen went black ,but with chart menu bellow.iPad new,100% charged and connected close to router
Old 16-06-2018, 22:40   #112

This is the interest topic to me. I am wanting the switch from our old chartplotting at helm to the iPad but have the hard time finding good infomations for doing it. I like this video I find today. The man is funny and I learn many things.

Monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
navigation, Ipad