Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2018, 05:50   #1
Bailing as fast as I can.

Boat: Swanson 42
ICOM M802, setting the MMSI

Hi all,

I've finally got to the point of putting my MMSI in my ICOM M802 (which has never had one programmed before).

So I pull up the manual, start following the steps, and whaddaya know... either the manual is wrong or I am missing something.

Page 15 of the manual details the procedure, and it starts well, my radio starts up with the message <MMSI> No MMSI!, just like the manual says it should. But when push the DSC button, the radio starts hunting for DSC messages, whereas the manual states that it should display the MMSI programming screen.

A bit of fiddling around and I found the setup menu, which has the MMSI Check function, so at this point I appear to be back on track with the manual, but instead of getting an option to enter the MMSI, I just get a "No MMSI" message, and the option to "OK" or "Cancel", both of which take me back to the previous menu.

What am I missing?

Help!

Matt

I had resolved on a voyage around the world, and as the wind on the morning of April 24, 1895 was fair, at noon I weighed anchor....
GILow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
icom